• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rushville Rancher Roundup, October 22, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Givingponyridestokids.jpg

Giving pony rides to kids
Probablymorefunfortheleadeethantheleader.jpg

Probably more fun for the leadee than for the leader :wink:
FortheirfirstannualRushvilleRanchersRoundup.jpg

The occasion was the first annual Rushville Rancher Roundup.
MainStreetwasabeehiveofactivity.jpg

Main Street was a beehive of activity.
Goodlookingcattlewereavailabletoinspect.jpg

Good looking cattle were available to inspect.
Highqualitylivestock.jpg

High quality livestock
WerepennedinthemiddleofMain.jpg

Were penned in the middle of the street
Anairplanewasadvertingforanaerialsprayingservice.jpg

An airplane was advertising an aerial spraying service.
Antiquetractorsondisplay.jpg

Antique tractors on display
Niceoldremindersofthepast.jpg

Nice old reminders of the past
Thisoutfitmusthavebeengoingprettyfast.jpg

This outfit must have been going pretty fast when it hit a brick wall. Somehow it looks kind of squished together, like a cartoon version.
Goodguysaveterinarianandanimplementdealer.jpg

Good guys, a veterinarian and an implement dealer. The Bobcat is available for a mere $39,999.99.
FancyChallengertractor100000Balefeeder17000.jpg

Nice brand new Challenger tractor, 120 horses for $100,000. The bale feeder can be had for $17,000. The mineral feeder is a bargain
at $189.00, considering it is weighted so it always bounces back to the standing position.
Cutelittleboyintriguedwiththetractorwithinatractor.jpg

Cute little boy intrigued with the little tractor within a tractor
Brightredshinymachinery.jpg

Bright shiny red machinery
Mulesthatareforsale.jpg

Mules that are for sale
Butsomeoneotherthanmewillhavetobuythem.jpg

But someone other than me will have to buy them. :wink:
Draggingtheplanebacktowhereitcantakeoff-1.jpg

Dragging the plane back to where it can become airborne. All in all, it was a very fun day in the little town of Rushville, Nebraska.
The event was well-attended, and hopefully plans are already in the making to have a similar event next year.

Pulling that airplane back down the street reminds me of a couple of airplane in town incidents. We always had a float in the local parade in the town were my uncles airpark was located. One year we decided instead of a small helicopter we would build a float with an airplane on it. All was well until we got to the 4 way stop and realized the stop sign was in the middle of the street. Spectators helped lift the plane over the sign by pulling down on one and lifting the other wing. Never held the parade up at all until we were coming down the next tree lined street. It was plenty narrow compared to the width of the wings. Had to do a bit of repair when we got back to the airport. The next year we put a Jet Ranger helicopter in the parade. Who knew the power lines were so low in town. :shock: I could boar you all with airplane and helicopter in town stories all day but fortunately for you I won't. Thanks for a trip down memory lane Soapweed. I like the idea of having a street fair like that. Hopefully it will be an annual affair.

I recognize that airplane. That's an Air Tractor made in Olney, TX at http://www.airtractor.com/

My mother and father-in-law have both worked there for years, building crop dusters. Good company to do business with and good place to work.

Nice picture story Soapweed, thanks for taking the time to post it, looks like my kinda town....................good luck

Haymaker, you better come next year. You can take in a pretty good slice of cow country, and probably take home a mule. Rushville is a nice little town, with a great salebarn, and generally agreeable bartenders. A general store that will make you compare to a big-city retailer, only more selection. I went to a funeral there, and still had a lot of fun.

Latest posts