• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Santorum discusses Iran

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
According to the news today- Iran is almost in economic turmoil/broke- which is the reason for their shut down of news media and internet access- and latest saber rattling...The reports were saying that the sanctions have the country looking like it is about to come apart...

You're talking about the Bush sanctions, correct? Are those the same sanctions that you used to claim were not working? Or are you talking about the "military doing it right", like Santorum is talking.....?

Oldtimer said:
Yep--The reason several of the Congressmen have bipartisanly been trying to get the Constitutional War Powers Resolution passed , which seeks to "prohibit the president from ordering military action without congressional approval, except when the United States or U.S. troops were attacked or when U.S citizens needed to be evacuated." It was introduced by Rep. Walter B. Jones (R-NC), Rep. Wayne Gilchrest (R-MD), and Rep. William Delahunt (D-MA)- and backed by Presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-TX) (who incidentally had the heaviest campaign donation support from military personnell of all the candidates) .....

But one way or another- GW is bound to drag us into it.....I just hope they let the military handle this one- and do it right.......My fear is he will screw it up again- get us several more war zones going around the world- that we don't have the military manpower to even handle what we got now- and end up with the next President having to start drafting our kids and grandkids off the street to go fight Bush's wars -- just because his and McSames principles won't allow them to talk to people they don't like .... :(

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=288124&highlight=sanctions+iran#288124

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
According to the news today- Iran is almost in economic turmoil/broke- which is the reason for their shut down of news media and internet access- and latest saber rattling...The reports were saying that the sanctions have the country looking like it is about to come apart...

You're talking about the Bush sanctions, correct? Are those the same sanctions that you used to claim were not working?

I think its the latest sanctions put on they were talking of- because they were talking of the EU just today or last day or two telling Iran they would not import any more oil from them....

hypocritexposer said:
Santorum's views aren't that extreme, unless OT also thinks the obama administration is extreme...........

The Obama administration is trying to assure Israel privately that it would strike Iran militarily if Tehran's nuclear program crosses certain "red lines"—while attempting to dissuade the Israelis from acting unilaterally. Eli Lake reports exclusively.

snip

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Kroenig also noted that Iran announced in 2009 that it was set to construct 10 new uranium enrichment sites. "I doubt they are building ten new sites, but I would be surprised if Iran was not racing to build some secret enrichment facilities," Kroenig said. "Progress on new facilities would be a major factor in our assessment of Iran's nuclear program and shape all aspects of our policy towards this including the decision to use force."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/28/u-s-israel-discuss-triggers-for-bombing-iran-s-nuclear-infrastructure.html

all the politicians running with the exception of Ron Paul have made similar statements.. We only have Obama's inaction to look at to contrast it with the republican field. between that inaction and his lead from behind strategy, and now cutting the military as Iran threatens US has led US to the brink of war with a madman and a nation ran by radical extremists..

Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:
Santorum's views aren't that extreme, unless OT also thinks the obama administration is extreme...........

The Obama administration is trying to assure Israel privately that it would strike Iran militarily if Tehran's nuclear program crosses certain "red lines"—while attempting to dissuade the Israelis from acting unilaterally. Eli Lake reports exclusively.

snip

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Kroenig also noted that Iran announced in 2009 that it was set to construct 10 new uranium enrichment sites. "I doubt they are building ten new sites, but I would be surprised if Iran was not racing to build some secret enrichment facilities," Kroenig said. "Progress on new facilities would be a major factor in our assessment of Iran's nuclear program and shape all aspects of our policy towards this including the decision to use force."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/28/u-s-israel-discuss-triggers-for-bombing-iran-s-nuclear-infrastructure.html

all the politicians running with the exception of Ron Paul have made similar statements.. We only have Obama's inaction to look at to contrast it with the republican field. between that inaction and his lead from behind strategy, and now cutting the military as Iran threatens US has led US to the brink of war with a madman and a nation ran by radical extremists..

Isn't Iran still allowing in the International Nuclear inspectors? I know a couple weeks ago- because the talking head Generals were saying we weren't to the point where Iran was a threat to us or Israel...

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

You're talking about the Bush sanctions, correct? Are those the same sanctions that you used to claim were not working?

I think its the latest sanctions put on they were talking of- because they were talking of the EU just today or last day or two telling Iran they would not import any more oil from them....

so the sanctions of about 10 days ago brought Iran to it's knees....... :lol: :lol: :roll:

are you that gullible that you don't even recognize election year propaganda?

http://the-diplomat.com/2011/10/02/is-iran-ready-to-compromise/

maybe if Obama was listening instead of campaigning he might have heard Iran,...

Steve said:

maybe if Obama was listening instead of campaigning he might have heard Iran,...

I think there is much more going on behind the scenes than we know or ever will know about... Just like when Irans civilian leadership threatened to close the Straits and attack anyone interferring with that-- the countries military's leader came out soon after and said that was not going to happen... They are very disunified- and ripe for a coup...

Steve said:

It's not easy reading the tea leaves in Tehran, especially when it comes to Iran's controversial nuclear programme. But over the past few weeks, Iran has sent out a steady stream of signals that it's willing to talk, and they've put some fairly specific proposals on the table.

Oldtimer said:
obama and his bunch thinks they are too evil to even talk to--but the countries Corporate CEO's are actively trading and selling them whatever they want in the name of the almighty dollar :roll: :shock: :( :( :mad:

:lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:

I think there is much more going on behind the scenes than we know or ever will know about... Just like when Irans civilian leadership threatened to close the Straits and attack anyone interferring with that-- the countries military's leader came out soon after and said that was not going to happen... They are very disunified- and ripe for a coup...

there was probably much more than you knew about during the Bush Presidency too, but that didn't stop you from ranting then........

....and you forgot to get back to us on that Nationbuilding in Libya......

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Steve said:

there was probably much more than you knew about during the Bush Presidency too, but that didn't stop you from ranting then........

Did we have ever have troops in Libya?
I thought all operations concerning Libya was a UN coalition/NATO operation- and not a US operation...

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

I thought all operations concerning Libya was a UN coalition/NATO operation- and not a US operation...

so the UN paid the US back for the money spent? Is it okay if the US spends $billions to Nation build if it is under the UN?

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

so the UN paid the US back for the money spent?

I don't know- did the pay Canada back- as they were involved too?..

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

so the UN paid the US back for the money spent?

I don't know- did the pay Canada back- as they were involved too?..

nope we didn't, we were in Iraq too and didn't get paid back for helping out our friends there either......or Afghanistan, where we incurred the greatest % of losses by number of troops involved. we carried the weight, when you were "playing in the sand" in Iraq

but a fellow NATO member (the US) was under direct threat, so we were abliged to help out in Libya, due to our agreement

that reminds me, when is obama going to push for a NATO/UN operation in Syria to protect the civilians there, or is there no oil that his corporate buddies can profit off of?

yes.. that came out early in the operation..

The arrival of the U.S. team in Tripoli on Saturday marks only the second time since the U.S. became involved there that it has acknowledged having any military personnel on the ground. The first time was in March
http://www.usatoday.com

U.S. Boots on the Ground in Libya, Pentagon Confirms

and those admissions did not include the spotters required for some of the more critical airstrikes..

Since then, U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity have acknowledged the CIA has had a small number of so-called "spotters" on the ground to assist in the NATO mission. It's also well known that other foreign governments have sent special operations forces to fight on the ground with the rebels.

Steve said:

yes.. that came out early in the operation..

The arrival of the U.S. team in Tripoli on Saturday marks only the second time since the U.S. became involved there that it has acknowledged having any military personnel on the ground. The first time was in March
http://www.usatoday.com

U.S. Boots on the Ground in Libya, Pentagon Confirms

and those admissions did not include the spotters required for some of the more critical airstrikes..

Since then, U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity have acknowledged the CIA has had a small number of so-called "spotters" on the ground to assist in the NATO mission. It's also well known that other foreign governments have sent special operations forces to fight on the ground with the rebels.

He makes assertions without knowing what he is talking about, that has become clear......

Oldtimer said:
Citizens for responsibility and ethics list of most corrupt members of congress- 2006

CREWS most corrupt Congressmen

Senators:

Conrad Burns (R-MT)
Bill Frist (R-TN)
Rick Santorum (R-PA)

Members of the House:

Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
Roy Blunt (R-MO)
Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
Ken Calvert (R-CA)
Richard Pombo (R-CA)
John Doolittle (R-CA)
Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
Tom Feeney (R-FL)
Pete Sessions (R-TX)
Katherine Harris (R-FL)
John Sweeney (R-NY)
William Jefferson (D-LA)
Charles Taylor (R-NC)
Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
Maxine Waters (D-CA)
Gary Miller (R-CA)
Curt Weldon (R-PA)

Five Members to Watch:

Chris Cannon (R-UT)
J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
John Murtha (D-PA)
Don Sherwood (R-PA)

Looks like the perfect candidate for Repubs to want to send to D.C to "clean" things up- and cut spending- especially when many of the allegations were over his receiving kickbacks for tax payer home pork projects ... :roll: :p

At least he got beat out by a top taxpayer ripoff artist- Conman Burns- who Montanans smartly sent packing because of it.. :)

Ron Paul Campaign Uses Soros-funded Research
Cliff Kincaid — January 9, 2012
10 Comments | Printer Friendly

Rick Santorum told Ron Paul in Saturday's debate: "You should know better than to cite George Soros-like organizations." The comment came in response to attacks on Santorum's record from the Texas Congressman and libertarian running in the Republican presidential primaries.

Exposed for using Soros-funded research in an attack ad charging that Santorum had been "one of the most corrupt" members of Congress, Paul had no explanation or response, except to say that "somebody" had done a survey attacking Santorum and he used it in the ad. The Ron Paul ad includes the line, "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message."

The exchange adds to Republican fears that Paul is trying to weaken or divide Republicans in order to guarantee Obama's re-election.

The Soros organization alluded to by Santorum is the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW). It is the source of the corruption charge against Santorum in the Ron Paul ad.

In the debate, Paul said that "…somebody did make a survey and I think he came out as one of the top corrupt individuals because he took so much money from the lobbyists."

That "somebody" was CREW, a Soros-funded group that targets Republicans and conservatives.

Santorum shot back: "Let's talk about the corruption issue. The person who—the group that called me corrupt was a group called CREW. If you haven't been sued by CREW, you're not a conservative. CREW is this left-wing organization that puts out a list every election of the top Republicans who have tough races and calls them all corrupt because they take contributions from PACs. It's a ridiculous charge. And you should know better than to cite George Soros-like organizations to say that they're corrupt."

Former Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell was the subject of a false complaint from CREW, which was dismissed in July of this year. O'Donnell reacted by saying, "We are, of course, very pleased that the U.S. Attorney's office has finally seen through the bogus CREW complaint and concluded it is without merit, because there was never any evidence to support their allegations. CREW interjected itself into the campaign within hours of my winning the Delaware GOP primary, even though CREW had no actual basis for its complaint. Even more troubling is that CREW, as a 501(c)(3) organization, is prohibited by law from intervening in political campaigns—but they more than intervened in the campaign, doing everything they could possibly do to sabotage my election."

As a result, O'Donnell's group, ChristinePAC, has asked the IRS to strip CREW of its tax exempt status for engaging in partisan political activities in violation of federal law. O'Donnell's PAC has also released a video exposing CREW'S "illegal, partisan agenda" and highlighting Soros's funding of the group. The video includes excerpts of an interview with CREW executive director Melanie Sloan talking about how the Soros-funded Open Society Institute (OSI) is "a very big donor" and that the OSI is "very happy with what we do."

Another website devoted to exposing CREW says, "An analysis of CREW's 'watchdog' activities reveals a systematic effort to disproportionately target Republicans and conservative-leaning groups with often-frivolous lawsuits, ethics complaints, and petitions for investigations by law enforcement agencies. An analysis of CREW's activities demonstrates that it disproportionately targets conservatives by a ratio of more than 8-to-1. At the same time, the corresponding federal oversight agencies responsible for investigating CREW's complaints indicates that, historically, Democrats have been investigated far more often for ethics violations."

A Washington Times column by Robert Knight, "Time to disarm partisan CREW," noted, "Like the American Civil Liberties Union, CREW occasionally goes after Democrats, if only to maintain a facade of nonpartisanship. For instance, CREW targeted disgraced New York Rep. Charles B. Rangel and Louisiana Rep. William 'Cold Cash' Jefferson, who hid $90,000 in his freezer. Its current list of 'most corrupt' members of Congress includes 10 Democrats in addition to 15 Republicans, up from just three Democrats and 17 Republicans in 2006. But overall, most of CREW's bullets are fired at conservatives and Republicans."

CREW went after Santorum years ago but its current Republican target is former House Speaker and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich. A review of its current news releases shows two attacking Gingrich and one highlighting Rupert Murdoch, owner of News Corporation, parent of Fox News, as "scoundrel of the year."

Perhaps this has something to do with Fox News running a story on CREW's frivolous complaints against Republicans.

do you mean that some of the charges that oldtimer is spouting is not true???? IMAGINE THAT :roll: :roll: :roll:
We all knows most of his research is bogus because he cuts out any parts that does not support his view

Latest posts