• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

sav 8180 traveler 004

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well I've seen several Windy daughters in production under ranch conditions and I'll stand by what I say-moderate framed-deep-sound cows-I guess if that isn't what you like so be it-I've never seen a 1400 pound Windy daughter and I've seen alot of them. You presuming and I'm going on actual observation-heaven forbid the e.p.d's might be fooling you.

I haven't seen many Really Windy cattle that are pushing 1500. Maybe I haven't been around as much as Badlands, but considering the outfit that bred him, I wouldn't think that he would produce too much over 1400 lbs at the most.

NR, Badlands is just on here today looking for a battle. He obviously like to depend on the numbers printed in the semen catalog far more than getting out and seeing progeny.

Just gave my opinion, like everyone else.

I think I have a feel for the kind of cattle that FH appreciates, and these aren't it.

I also have seen sons of the bull that FH mentioned, and how they work, so I have a pretty good idea of whether or not they will work for her.

I grew up 10 miles from where FH lives, and still run my own cows there with a partner.

I never said they wouldn't work for YOU, I said they wouldn't work for FH.

Badlands

You are da man Badlands lol. I just don't like see good cattle slammed by somebody painting mind pictures from an E'P'D-it's gratifying that you are protecting FH from me leading her on the road to peredition. I'll still stand on my advice he was raised in rough country and his daughters are working in rough country up here.

FH, Crook Mt Really Windy seems to be a pretty decent sire. I went and visited a friend in Dillon this fall and his boss had several calves out of him. They were still pretty young when I was there but looked nice.

You know the only thing is that his dam is by 2418, who is the same sire as Image Maker. I remember you saying you weren't too impressed with Image Maker though???

Wasn't sure if there was something on the cow side or what, but you thought thay get a liitle rung out?

I haven't seen many Image Makers yet, but the ones I have seen were pretty nice. I have some MT bred pedigree cows that I thought I would breed to Image Maker to see if they would work. Mostly bred like the Walling cattle.

We used 4 bulls from 2418 a few years ago back home, MT, and they left some pretty good daughters. I guess if I really did things right I would go get some semen off him and do it right. 2418's semen has gone up in the last couple years, so I guess if I should try to do it right I better get a little before its gone. He definitely left some good cattle.

I saw about 100 Image Maker yearling heifers Thursday-- they looked nice- long, nice heads--I thought they could be a little thicker bodied- but they surprised me when they went across the scale...I had thought they were around 670-675 and they all weighed over 700....

Northern Rancher said:
How are the feet on your 6595's -he seems a little weak heeled for me. I haven't seen Bennet Total in the flesh yet but some people whose eyes I trust say he's very good on his feet. Check out that Bennet Total daughter in the catalogue she was bred by a canny old Scotchman on the Saskatchewan prairie-Isla Bank has bred alot of good black cattle over the years up here. I imagine your cattle run on some peaty ground there too Denny-we really have to watch feet up here or they skiwhiff on you pretty fast-not alot of abrasive soil or hills to help keep them worn off.

The heifers I have from him seem to have good feet and legs so far.The bullI am keeping has about the same set to his rear legs as his dad.We have quite a bit of bog type pasture with some sandy ground thrown in.My cattle have very good feet other than about 4 cows that I bought as hog fat bred heifers.I cut a very good Bushwacker bull calf last spring due to his mother had a split hoof bad feet and bad udders the 2 things I can live without.

Two things we can all live without, Denny.
Good for you for doing that. We need more people like you.

Lots of bulls for sale in this country again...

Beggers Diamond V had a 004 son out of a 6595 bred cow
that they were real high on. He brought $6250 at their
sale on Wednesday.

I'm with NR when it comes to his assessment of Really Windy. I've seen the bull at Billings too (about 5 years ago) and I really liked him, very correct, deep sided, enough muscle and a great disposition. I've seen quite a few progeny and I have used him. His daughters haven't been too big here and we run them rough. I have wondered about teat size. I have a few with longer teats, not big, just long. What have you seen in this regard NR?

NR have you seen any KMK Alliance I87 progeny?

Rough country?

LOL.

I instructed the son of the guy who bred the bull while I was at MSU.

While in Billings, I asked one of the owners why he bought him. It was a two word answer, "Calving ease".

Badlands

I haven't seenm any udders that were bad on the daughters -guess I'll have to take some pictures when I'm touring this spring. I guess maybe he doesn't work in Badlands classroom but he sure does in the real world. Head on up Badboy I'll show you some rough country hope you can keep up -wolves eat stragglers up here bones and all. Use Windy with confidence-I've got a bad case of 'gottogetthelastwotdinitus' lol. Seth long time no see-how are you wintering. I haven't seen any KMK progeny but I've lived at the rink all winter.

you hold the door, I will be running right behind her with the hot shot....... :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts