• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sayins from long ago

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Grandma was 16, and leaving Missouri for a homestead in Colorado. Her dad offered this parting advice:

You are headed for a new land. It will be a hard land, and you can't go it alone. You will need the help of trusted friends. Trust them that trust the Lord, and don't trust nobody that don't trust nobody.

Always sounded like pretty fair advice to me.

Never hire a man who wear's a straw hat or smoke's roll your own's......cause if he ain't chasing his hat he's rolling a smoke !!

A fart'n horse will never tire......a fart'n man's the man to hire !!

Granpa used to say "Nobody's so dumb you can't learn something from them".
Many times I have come to see the wisdom in that.

Never hire a man who wears a straw hat or smoke's roll your own's......cause if he ain't chasing his hat he's rolling a smoke !!
My Grandad used to say never hire a man who wears a straw hat or has leather shoe laces cause he will either be tying his laces or chasing his hat.
An old fellow here used to say when you got something right even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

When I finally got my chance to run the tractor on my own my dad told me "I don't care if you run this tractor without fuel, but DO NOT run it without oil!"

Any time we are working and someone complains dad always says "if it was easy they would have sent the women and children to do it"

We were roofing a metal building one time, and the owner's hired hand kept griping about first one thing then another. Finally, the owner told him the diference between him and a puppy was that a puppy would quit whining after about 6 weeks. I thought I'd fall of the roof laughing, but it quited things down a lot.

Well, it's better than a kick in the ass with a frozen mukluk.

That feed will make a better turd than a snowball would.

Latest posts