• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

scared

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
The one thing that I found that I am scared of is visiting mom in town-I just can't. I tried to tell Dad but he wouldn't listen so i just gave up. This is the onyl thing that I am afradi of besided dieng alone. I can't understand it. I cant figure it out and noone understands it... :cry2:

Angus,when we bought our place from Gregs parents,they moved to Camrose,we moved out of our mobile home that was just across the road....our son was 12 at the time,had lived his whole 12 years across from Gramma and Grampa. We moved all the stuff to the house,He would NOT move to the house.He stayed in the mobile home for over a week before his G+G came and talked to him...found out he thought if we moved to the house they couldn't move back,they explained thats not what they were going to do ever. I think thats whats up with you,if you go there you accept she won't come back...that my dear young man is somthing you yourself have to come to terms with!

I dont know what to tell you except that things will get better and that things could be a lot worse.
My heart goes out to you because I know what your going through but just trust me that when you get older and out on your own things will improve.
When I was a kid I used to think of my Grandfather and what his childhood was like for inspiration because he sure had it harder than me.
When he was 8 years old his Grandmother tried to kill him so he left home.
For the next 4 years he lived and worked on a farm. He literaly lived in the barn. When he was 12 he went to work in the logging camps. You see in his day loggers lived in camp for a month at a time in tar paper shacks. This was back when they logged with oxen. Anyway my Grandfather lived in those camps and worked until he was 19. When I say he lived there I mean it because he had no place to go at the end of the month.

I had an old friend whose Dad took him on a sleigh ride when he was 13-far enough he couldn't walk back home-it was closer to walk to a logging camp so that's where he had to go. Tough times maske tough people-it will work out ACS.

ACS---what is it about visiting mom in town that has you so upset?? Is it that it will make it all to real?? I am so very, very sorry for your pain and the pain that your siblings are in right now!! Just not right that the smallest ones always feel the biggest pain when moms and dads can't work things out!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know that telling you that "everything will be okay" seems to be so empty, but those words are true, son!! In time you will see this! Til then, we are here for you!!!

I don't know what to beleicve anymore-I already told Hanta Yo this, but when I was little, my friend's arents got divorced and I told mom-she said that no matter what her and dad would never get divorced. I wish I could beleive, but its just so hard right now.

Thansk for the words of encouragement again, and it helps. Oh, and the brother and sister say hi. lol.

RoperAB said:
I dont know what to tell you except that things will get better and that things could be a lot worse.
My heart goes out to you because I know what your going through but just trust me that when you get older and out on your own things will improve.
When I was a kid I used to think of my Grandfather and what his childhood was like for inspiration because he sure had it harder than me.
When he was 8 years old his Grandmother tried to kill him so he left home.
For the next 4 years he lived and worked on a farm. He literaly lived in the barn. When he was 12 he went to work in the logging camps. You see in his day loggers lived in camp for a month at a time in tar paper shacks. This was back when they logged with oxen. Anyway my Grandfather lived in those camps and worked until he was 19. When I say he lived there I mean it because he had no place to go at the end of the month.

That's a pretty amazing story. Why did his grandmother try to kill him?

8) Scared is OK.Even the honest bullriders were scared.But this is life-and she is yur MOM.Yu only get one of them in life,Mine was the greatest.Yurs can be 2nd best?You are at age everthimg is a big deal-been there done it-trust me it mellows out,wish I could go back there.You take care of that 4-H calf and win this yr! Greg

Thanks greg.

Which calf and which show? lol. I was told I have a shot at all 3, possibly 4 shows.. and ony one is small. lol.

Have a greta day all!

Latest posts