• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Second Spearhead branding - April 25, 2018

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Boys%20and%20toys_zpsqbqegbae.jpg

Boys and toys

Fellow%20and%20phones_zps3v0m1zfs.jpg

Fellows and phones

Snack%20time_zpsctu3xwh0.jpg

Snack time

Will%20and%20Bryce_zpstqdjojbm.jpg

Will and Bryce

Brock_zps2uxyh90i.jpg

Brock

Carol_zpsdf3xc7mc.jpg

Carol

Future%20cowpoke_zpsb2th2wlu.jpg

Future cowpoke

And%20his%20brother_zpsobvqicly.jpg

His brother

And%20their%20father_zpsuptoi5g0.jpg

And their father

Sister%20Sybil%20watching%20the%20gate%20so%20I%20can%20pair%20out%20heifer%20calves%20today._zpsmnmuadiu.jpg

Sister Sybil watching the gate so I can pair out heifer calves and their mothers

The%20lay%20of%20the%20land_zpsjbqsd4mu.jpg

The lay of the land

Putting%20the%20steer%20calves%20and%20their%20mothers%20onto%20a%20meadow_zpsyjuisukc.jpg

Putting the steer calves and their mothers onto a meadow

Theyve%20had%20milk%20now%20they%20can%20have%20water._zpssdosyub3.jpg

They've had milk, now they can have water.

Kosmo%20Kid%20inkorportated_zpsfqdh0ew7.jpg

Kosmo Kid inkorporated

We try to use horses when we can but have made lots of miles on a ATV around here and moved quite a few cattle with just 1 or 2 people on machines but I do miss your horse sale adventures and seeing what you are mounted on and your crew moving cattle.

It's great to see the photo's of the Spearhead crew.....present and future! Cattle sure look good, too. Looking on behind Sybil a bit, it looks like you have pretty good 'old' grass, and good to see some green color on the foreground. And, like all us grandparents, I'm betting you all feel like those little ones are growing way too fast! Guess we just have to make the most of the time we get to spend with them. Before we know it, school will be taking most all of their time. Our kindergarten girl only goes four days a week, and we like that arrangement better, long days tho they are! 7:50 till 4:50. They use the fifth day, it needed, to make up snow days, or recently a 'funeral day', since the school gym is the biggest space available to hold a crowd, and serve a meal, and the most handicap accessible one, too.

There have been several brandings on our 'circuit' in this area, but believe our first one is scheduled for June 1. We feel pretty well blessed to have quite a few young ranch families in the area, so there are lots of young kids to train in cattle work. We live in the s.e. corner of Haakon county, and Jackson, Jones, and Stanley counties all 'corner' within less than ten miles, so I guess we could call it the 'greater Midland' area, maybe a radius of 20 miles, with jaunts over 40 miles on occasion to help friends. Guess it is an excuse for a good gathering of friends to accomplish a necessary job, which few participants would call a 'chore'. After isn't "good friends, good food, good fun" a fair definition of a party??? Getting the branding done in the process is just the 'frosting on the cake'.

mrj

Nice pics. Just thinking that toy would serve as a good blueprint for dad to weld up a ranger size track in a couple of years.

Latest posts