• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

shaft...ed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
swather was down yeterday while I too the pretty drive thru Wayan and Soda Springs to Grace Idaho to get parts. took the header drive out this afternoon the saft is in Portland won't be here till Friday, well guess the bale hauling will get caught up.
those new self propelled disc bindes look great but not at that price and say only 200 hours a year

1431 NH seems to be the most pictured mower on this site. I don't see any reason to buy anything else.
The SP is a lot quicker at the headland but not worth the extra cash tied up in IMHO.

We've got a 1431 and a 1411. The 1411 is a lot better to operate on our rough, rocky ground, the extra 3 feet out there on the 1431 is difficult to keep in sight at times. On real hayland :lol: , I would stay with the wide model.

Both were bought used, there seems to be far less metal fatigue in them than the used haybines we went through before. It is not worth buying new for this ground.

greybeard said:
1431 NH seems to be the most pictured mower on this site. I don't see any reason to buy anything else.
The SP is a lot quicker at the headland but not worth the extra cash tied up in IMHO.
only have a JD 4040 and a NH T6020 don;t have the HP for a big pull discbine

jodywy said:
greybeard said:
only have a JD 4040 and a NH T6020 don;t have the HP for a big pull discbine

What horsepower are they?

We have a krone pull behind that has a 13 header and run it on a 100hp jd woundnt want to go any smaller than that but the tractor seems to handle the cutting just fine. My neighbor has one of those sickle bar disk mowers that he runs on a 70hp case he says it will cut just as fast as he wants to go. There are many options out there all you need is money :D . Good luck

Shaft got fedx overnight but the sheave (pulley) is cracked, and they don't make that part any more, got a sheave coming 3 day shipping and a machine shop to help modified things

Latest posts