• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sheri vs Roy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
per said:
Never meant to offend you BMR and I suspected you may be a friend of his. I only know of him what he himself has written and that is how he comes across to me. You may have noticed that what I found disagreeable about him was his making assumptions that because someone attended a meeting they are vilified and called down. His past prose tend to leave no wiggle room to discuss. It might be just me but it seems his way or the highway. Maybe we're too much alike. :shock: :? :!:

I'm not saying he's not outspoken and has his views but friends can disagree on some points and still be friends. :)
Good thing :wink:

The Comment; north of 50% retailer. But there was no mention of the other side. 1.5 to 2 years of investment getting it to the packer and retailer. That adds up and does require a large percent of the pie. Without both sides and numbers for them the % of each is useless.

So why does the retailer thinks he needs 50% + , or are they just dam greedy or are they taking hugh loses on head lettuce and need to jack BEEF to high heaven to pay the checkout girl a wage. This seems to be the problem on both sides of the border.

There has to be a reason that the price of beef never gets back to the ranch as per The NFU, with the help of an Albertan rancher, butchered a cull cow which would have fetched $340 at auction, but yielded $1,233 worth of hamburger and stewing meat at current retail prices.

That's $893.00 dollars Canadian difference, the price of more than two cows. Just who is getting RICH here?

per said:
per said:
The producer in this case is the primary and feedlot. Mr. Gracey spoke at a meeting I was at a month ago and used 18% cow calf, 19% feedlot and north of 50% retailer. But there was no mention of the other side. 1.5 to 2 years of investment getting it to the packer and retailer. That adds up and does require a large percent of the pie. Without both sides and numbers for them the % of each is useless.

Distribution of the Beef dollar

25 yrs ago: c/calf 23%, feedlot 18%, packer 9%, retailer 50%.

Today it is :c/calf 6.4%, feedlot 13%, packer 27.8% retailer 52.8%.

I'm just glad that Roy and Sheri and the NFU are all in support of the BSE class action law suit against the feds.....LOL

Latest posts