• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Silver

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Better throw another log on the fire gcreek!

-22 here, I'm in a state of shock. The weather man claims there is relief in sight though :lol:
We did get a couple inches of snow yesterday though, so things are looking up for the new year :D

Silver said:
...The weather man claims there is relief in sight though :lol:
... :D

Did he mean in April on the new calender?? :wink:

We are back into mud here again. The 4" or 5" of snow we had yesterday is pretty well gone again.

Gcreek, the bale unroller I'm working on might not see much use if this mud keeps up!

Actually got the pieces cut yesterday and might do a bit more on it today.

Pretty well everyone in the house is battling a nasty cold right now. I think it would be much healthier if colder weather would settle in for the duration of winter . . .

burnt said:
Silver said:

We are back into mud here again. The 4" or 5" of snow we had yesterday is pretty well gone again.

Gcreek, the bale unroller I'm working on might not see much use if this mud keeps up!

Pretty well everyone in the house is battling a nasty cold right now. I think it would be much healthier if colder weather would settle in for the duration of winter . . .

I think he meant July. :wink:

Glad you got started on the project, let me know if you need some close up photos.

Get well, colds aren't fun. Talked to Saskatchewan Health Advisor today and think I may have gallstones. Going to WL on Tuesday, I'll just check in to emergency and say I think I'm pregnant. That should get them motivated. :lol:

gcreekrch said:
burnt said:
Silver said:

I think he meant July. :wink:

Glad you got started on the project, let me know if you need some close up photos.

Get well, colds aren't fun. Talked to Saskatchewan Health Advisor today and think I may have gallstones. Going to WL on Tuesday, I'll just check in to emergency and say I think I'm pregnant. That should get them motivated. :lol:

We'll see who's most motivated when they get your feet in those stirrups . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gallstones are not fun - my wife can attest to that.

I haven't had gallstones, per sei, but I have had a gall bladder attack
twice. THE MOST PAIN I have ever endured. Good luck with that,
gcreek. Gallstone removal isn't the same now as it was once.......they
do it with a laser. Keep us posted.

burnt, you are a hoot!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the weather forecast for your trip to town tomorrow? Hope you're doing O.K. and lay off the bacon and eggs for breakfast :?

Postponing a day as the 7200 got an owie yesterday and there was no one at JD to order parts this morning. The parts have to come from Kamloops to Williams Lake on the bus.

It was a nice day here with a high of +5. Next two look like rain and snow mixed, roads should be perfect. :lol:

It will be interesting how long BC Med thinks I'll have to wait before processing me through the system. Think it would be prudent to collapse as soon as I make it through the door?

gcreekrch said:
Postponing a day as the 7200 got an owie yesterday and there was no one at JD to order parts this morning. The parts have to come from Kamloops to Williams Lake on the bus.

It was a nice day here with a high of +5. Next two look like rain and snow mixed, roads should be perfect. :lol:

It will be interesting how long BC Med thinks I'll have to wait before processing me through the system. Think it would be prudent to collapse as soon as I make it through the door?

Just make sure you are in the building before you collapse. If you do it just outside the door they'll just call an ambulance and that could take forever!

Rules are rules. :D
I got lectured because when I thought maybe it was a heart attach I got Tam to drive to the hospital 60 miles away instead of the one 90 miles where the doctor I usually go to would be at. I was told as I lay in the emergency room I should have my records transfered to the other hospital. :roll:

Good luck Dave, at least if they take it out now you should be all healed up for calving. :D

gcreekrch said:
Hey Big Muddy!

Does overuse of brain cells cause calcification in other body parts? :lol:

I wouldn't know. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Never over used any. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think "Gallstones" are actually stones but a sludge type stuff that doesn't pass and just makes the Gallbladder go bad. :?

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Hey Big Muddy!

I don't think "Gallstones" are actually stones but a sludge type stuff that doesn't pass and just makes the Gallbladder go bad. :?

Your reply begs the question of which of yours never gets any use - brain cells or body parts . . . :wink:

And gallstones are actually little pebbles.

Dr. John. :)

gall stones are like brain cells---
once you lose one of those little pebbles--
you can't get em back

burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Hey Big Muddy!

Your reply begs the question of which of yours never gets any use - brain cells or body parts . . . :wink:

So do they ever just take out the stones or do they always take the Gallbladder?

My GB was dead and rotten by the time they got to it so it came out in pieces. :shock:

Big Muddy rancher said:
burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

So do they ever just take out the stones or do they always take the Gallbladder?

My GB was dead and rotten by the time they got to it so it came out in pieces. :shock:

Well I'm no expert but it seems to me that the gall bladder usually comes out. But there are alternatives like surgically removing the stones, using ultrasound to break them up, or using a chemical to dissolve them.

When my wife had hers out about 20 years ago she was the first one to have it done laparoscopic style at our local hospital. She went in at 6:30 AM and I brought her home to cook supper for us that night cuz we got really hungry through the day. J/K about the cooking part but she was home that evening and feeling pretty good. She was happy to be able to have it out that way rather than the conventional way.

Latest posts