• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Simple question on how to properly do a "quote"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

High Plains

Reaction score
Here's an easy one for most of you. If I want to quote someone else's statement in a thread, and I want it to say "Farmer John Said:" then how do I do that part where it get's that person's name in there? I must be the biggest dummy on here since everyone else seems to know how?

Not a big deal, but I already wasted 20 minutes last night trying to figure it out. :shock:

Thanks, ahead of time.

HP

Or like this????

High Plains said:
Here's an easy one for most of you. If I want to quote someone else's statement in a thread, and I want it to say "Farmer John Said:" then how do I do that part where it get's that person's name in there? I must be the biggest dummy on here since everyone else seems to know how?

Not a big deal, but I already wasted 20 minutes last night trying to figure it out. :shock:

Thanks, ahead of time.

HP

That's right. I see you have mastered the technique, Hanta. Now quit showing off and tell me how :!:

I meant to say please. :oops:

High Plains said:
That's right. I see you have mastered the technique, Hanta. Now quit showing off and tell me how :!:

To do it this way, rather than click on reply button, click on the quote button located at the top, right side of the person's post. That way you can reply to that quote. You can also remove some of the words to the quote, whatever you want to do.

Is this what you wanted to do????

-or-

if you want to quote someone from an entirely different forum, like in my example with FH in ranchtalk, to quote her sentence, I clicked on the quote button as if I was going to do so, then I highlighted the entire sentence (be sure it includes the /quote at the beginning and end) and right click, then click on copy. Then I go to where I want to post the quote, right click again, then click on paste. Voila, a quote with the quoter's name!!!

Hope this helps. :)

Hanta Yo said:
High Plains said:

To do it this way, rather than click on reply button, click on the quote button located at the top, right side of the person's post. That way you can reply to that quote. You can also remove some of the words to the quote, whatever you want to do.

Is this what you wanted to do????

-or-

if you want to quote someone from an entirely different forum, like in my example with FH in ranchtalk, to quote her sentence, I clicked on the quote button as if I was going to do so, then I highlighted the entire sentence (be sure it includes the /quote at the beginning and end) and right click, then click on copy. Then I go to where I want to post the quote, right click again, then click on paste. Voila, a quote with the quoter's name!!!

Hope this helps. :)

I guess it's just as easy as that. Thanks :!: Now I can harass people with a little more style :!: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

High Plains said:

Thanks, ahead of time.

HP

Glad I'm not the only one that has this problem

Faster horses said:
young gun said:
thanks hanta been wondering how that was done. :oops:

I'm trying to do it too..

Worked, but without the box around it, making it stand out. How do I get it in the box?

Faster horses...in the upper right hand corner of everyone's posts there is a lil button that says "Quote" click that...it'll take you to a message box with their quote already in it. Then under their quote...type whatever you wanna say. then hit submit.

Took me a while to figure it out too...so ya'll don't feel bad.

Faster horses said:
young gun said:

Worked, but without the box around it, making it stand out. How do I get it in the box?

Make sure the box "Disable BBCode in this post" doesn't have a check mark in front of it.

txag said:
Faster horses said:
young gun said:

Make sure the box "Disable BBCode in this post" doesn't have a check mark in front of it.

WOW...I DID IT!!!! You can teach an old dog a new trick...if you have enough teachers...Thanks all!!!!

Latest posts