• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soap

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Glad to hear you are on the mend. You are fortunate to have such capable help to run the operation during your absence.

Hang in there Soap,
West Nile is one of my pet peeves , years ago when it showed up in NYC they started spraying then stopped spraying then targeted spraying . They should have stopped it there with one big spray project ... :mad:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Steve.

Maybe it's time you moved the Spearhead outfit north. Lots of bugs here but no West Nile. Yet....

boy, some guys will do anything to get a chopper ride, and some time away from the ranch !!

praying for a speedy recovery, and hope it don't effect your camera eye!

Certainly glad you're recovering, Mr. Soapweed. The Huffington Post reports that the spread of West Nile virus is likely linked to climate change. LOL. I thought you may be interested to know that. What is the purpose of being upside down?

Praying for you here in Mo. You need to get well soon, those grand kids are missing their daily dose of liberalism! :wink:

I hadn't seen where Soap was sent and as I was going through Valentine today I called Soap. He sounded pretty good for being in the sick pen but Sottsbluff was a long way out of the way. Get well soon :D

Good to hear things are improving for you, Soapweed. There is another cowboy cartoonist/writer down in the Badlands who has been on that miserable track lately. Sure hope the 'season' is about over for the year. Even better would be if definite prevention and cure would be found.

I feared I had it early in August and was told they aren't allowed to test for it until the patient has been sick for two weeks. Some of the treatment may be antibiotics anyway, as that is what they gave me. Didn't help me, since I had a bleeding ulcer which caused upset in blood chemistry which in turn caused a mild heart attack. After a 'ground' ambulance ride and five days in Rapid City hospital, two stents, and a BIG package of prescriptions, all is improving except for return of any energy I may have had before the illness. Hasn't helped for the docs to tell me "you are not as young as you used to be".......something I had noticed, especially since I turned 70 a few years ago.

I can second the point that having a good family at home to pick up the slack is a major bonus of a family ranch.

Reading that Jody is not progressing well, I sure hope everyone else stays out of that 'sick pen' and keeps the injuries limited to hangnails!

mrj

Big Muddy rancher said:
I hadn't seen where Soap was sent and as I was going through Valentine today I called Soap. He sounded pretty good for being in the sick pen but Sottsbluff was a long way out of the way. Get well soon :D

You shoulda hollered. I'da come had a cup of coffee with you.

LazyWP said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

hell, I would have let you buy lunch! LOL

LazyWP said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

We should have planned our trip a little more in advance and could have made contact with more people but I called about my parts at 9am and left by 10.told Tam"i'm leaving are you coming with me".We packed light and rode hard. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
LazyWP said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

We should have planned our trip a little more in advance and could have made contact with more people but I called about my parts at 9am and left by 10.told Tam"i'm leaving are you coming with me".We packed light and rode hard. :lol: :lol:

Wow! That was quick!! So much for "he who travels fastest, goes alone."

Latest posts