• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
After you asking if I had ever had to walk home from my "horses" I think you put a hex on me. :?

Yesterday my green one had the front U-joint disintegrate while I was crossing a soft spot while trying to head off a few pairs that were wanting to take a wrong trail. Got the cows going right between my dog and shank's mare. Winched my way out of the bad spot and took a dryer trail home hoping the cows would get there overnight.

Took a flight with "Crash" this morning and found most of the cattle we were missing. The cows that I had started yesterday had split into two bunches, one bunch was halfway home from where they started and the rest had gone back to the same meadow. Got home and took "Ol' Red" out to bring them home. Blew the rear drive shaft in a bad spot in the timber and had to hike about 3 miles through the swamps and timber home. :roll:

I did get the cows I was after..... does that make me the Winner? :lol:

Your always a "winner" in our books. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got to re-round up today. :?

Britt got home from work this morning and informed me I had a couple of calves down the road. I went out on the quad and started them home and picked up another pair. Then 4 just south of the barn in with some saddle horses then another 3 out on the flats. Then I found where the fence was flat in 2 places with calves going different directions. I had to leave to get to the home to celebrate Mom's 90th birthday and saw another bunch about 2 miles west. They were still hanging out west when I got home so buzzed out and trailed them home. I think I got them all but won't know for sure until I can get a count. :D

Gcreek, sorry about the extra-curricular exercise. Sure didn't mean to jinx you, but the question did come to mind after seeing the country and obstacles over which you must travel. Hopefully your sturdy steeds of steel will cooperate fully from here on out.

Will order needed parts in the morning. Hopefully they will be in Williams Lake and I will have them on the freight truck tommorow afternoon.

Maybe I shouldn't have bragged them up so much. He humbles us in different ways.

Parts are on their way!

I actually have Old Indian Dog saddled and in the trailer and Debbie is dropping me off to catch a few more elusive bovines. :D

Those old style ATV's can be tricky! Remember not to choke it to start. The brakes take a little getting used to. And for heck sakes, don't try warming your hands on the exhaust! :shock: :lol: :lol: It is also noteworthy that the horn does not honk! :wink:

Latest posts