• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Haven't seen or heard from him in awhile. I did see Kosmo yesterday driving the wannabe semi, but no Soap. Just wondering if you were overwhelmed by all the mules last weekend?

About the last time I talked to him, I think he said they were going to Cody Wyoming, last weekend for Mule Days? So I expect that he got overwhelmed with mules.

LazyWP said:
About the last time I talked to him, I think he said they were going to Cody Wyoming, last weekend for Mule Days? So I expect that he got overwhelmed with mules.

If he went to Mule Days I wonder if he'll meet Jake Clark. I worked down in Powell/Cody area for two summers and spent before and after work roping out a Clarks arena at ralston. got pretty much private lessons from Jake, his son TJ, and daughter Cody. Also from Carl and KC Jones. they sure were all nice folks.

Hereford76 said:
LazyWP said:

If he went to Mule Days I wonder if he'll meet Jake Clark. I worked down in Powell/Cody area for two summers and spent before and after work roping out a Clarks arena at ralston. got pretty much private lessons from Jake, his son TJ, and daughter Cody. Also from Carl and KC Jones. they sure were all nice folks.

They are all very nice folks, and they put on quite a production with their annual Jake Clark's Mule Days during Father's Day week-end. On Sunday afternoon at the auction, the top mule brought an astounding $23,500. Others brought $19,000, $14,000, $13,000, two at $12,000, one at $11,000, and two at $10,000. Altogether about a hundred head that sold averaged over $5,000 each. The top ten averaged $13,350, and the top twenty averaged $10,490. The whole event was quite entertaining and fun to go to, and the sale was absolutely spectacular.

Soapweed said:
Hereford76 said:
LazyWP said:

They are all very nice folks, and they put on quite a production with their annual Jake Clark's Mule Days during Father's Day week-end. On Sunday afternoon at the auction, the top mule brought an astounding $23,500. Others brought $19,000, $14,000, $13,000, two at $12,000, one at $11,000, and two at $10,000. Altogether about a hundred head that sold averaged over $5,000 each. The top ten averaged $13,350, and the top twenty averaged $10,490. The whole event was quite entertaining and fun to go to, and the sale was absolutely spectacular.

So how many did you buy? :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
Hereford76 said:

Or sell? :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
Hereford76 said:

I was a good little boy, avoiding both temptation and a huge financial drain. There were a couple mules that were no-saled, and it would have been fun to have gone out back to haggle a bit. Being 500 miles from home with no trailer, I resisted the urge. :wink:

tumbleweed_texn said:
What route did you take over Soap?

Tex

Peach and I spent Friday night in Sheridan. We went through Ranchester before going up over the Bighorns, and came out at Lovell. Saturday night we stayed in Powell, Sunday night in Cody, and Monday night in Jackson after going through Yellowstone Park to get there. The wind was howling in Yellowstone, and it was quite crowded. Jackson Hole and the Tetons appeal to me much more than does Yellowstone Park. The Tetons are the most beautiful mountains in the world, at least in my book. :wink:

I wish I had known. I would have met you in Gillette and bought you a burger. We are only about 25 miles south. We got an invite today for the nephews wedding in Ranchester.

Sounds like yall had a good trip. I always wanted to put a horse in Clark's sale in May.

Tex

tumbleweed_texn said:
I wish I had known. I would have met you in Gillette and bought you a burger. We are only about 25 miles south. We got an invite today for the nephews wedding in Ranchester.

Sounds like yall had a good trip. I always wanted to put a horse in Clark's sale in May.

Tex

That would have been fun. Maybe next year. :)

Latest posts