• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Surprise on July 20, this ewe had a lamb that froze in January. I guess this is a bonus.
P7200879.jpg

Sunset and thunderstorm on July 24.
P7260881.jpg

Cut two little fields and then opened up a 55 acre field yesterday, made 6 rounds and quit for the night. This was a piece that Debbie pulled rocks out of last fall.
P7300884.jpg

P7300886.jpg

11 AM start after chasing 23 Indian sh!tter$ out of the meadow. Someday I may teach him to close a gate behind himself. :roll:
P7300887.jpg

We don't have a lot of Reed's Canary grass but it has sure outdone itself this year.
P7310891.jpg

Wild hay in the center.
P7310892.jpg

Done at 7 this evening. Last year with the rocks I was 2 days cutting, sharpening and pulling wrenchs. It made a BIG difference.
P7310897.jpg

Second pass for the heifers in this pasture.
P7310898.jpg

Roadblock.
P7310901.jpg

Thanks for posting these pics, gcreekrch! The views, hay, cattle, momma and baby sheep and everything look very nice!

I think it would be neat to have the know how to go out and shear your own sheep and make your own clothes out of it. I seen your wool pants in a calving post a few months ago. I love my wool coat. I come in sweating from doing chores in the dead of winter wearin' it. I imagine it might be quite the process to do it???

It might not ever get warm enough there to shear the sheep I guess. :wink: :D It looks like that ewe may of been somewhat rescently??? :D

I can handle the shearing, you do the washing, carding, spinning and knitting or weaving. :D

Actually, I am faster at getting the hide off than I am at shearing. :lol:

I'm game!!! :D

I'm going to add that to my bucket list. Someday I will be wearing something I made from wool I sheared from my own sheep. :D :D :D

Surprising how many folks run JD tractors with NH implements, thats some good lookin country for sure,..........................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Surprising how many folks run JD tractors with MH implements, thats some good lookin country for sure,..........................good luck

If JD ever figures out how to cut hay I may own one of their discbines. :wink:

floyd said:
Anyone harvesting the dead trees?

Looks like alot of bug kill. Standing matchsticks.

A bunch of blocks were ribboned last year for harvest sometime in the next 5 years. We are 200 miles from the major mills and there is lots of wood closer. Transportation is expensive.

gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
Surprising how many folks run JD tractors with MH implements, thats some good lookin country for sure,..........................good luck

If JD ever figures out how to cut hay I may own one of their discbines. :wink:

I agree, NH hay tools are hard to beat and if JD would quit robbin me when I buy parts might think about a new JD.
good luck

Thats no dought about jd parts. Around here everyone has mostly jd round balers. I'm looking to buy one used what brand should i go for. What problem areas does each brand have? I have only ran a round baler one time. I always have bought feed or hired it done and quality control dosn't seem like a priority with other people as much as with me.

3 M L & C said:
Thats no dought about jd parts. Around here everyone has mostly jd round balers. I'm looking to buy one used what brand should i go for. What problem areas does each brand have? I have only ran a round baler one time. I always have bought feed or hired it done and quality control dosn't seem like a priority with other people as much as with me.

If you can find a JD 535 without too many bales through it, they are a good baler. The guys that have gone through all models say the 535 was the best.

I found one last fall that had been shedded for 10 years and had only seen 3000 bales. It is great to have twins now and I can use the old one for a spare.

Latest posts