• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some Utah back country:

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
A couple of years ago we took a horse back trip to South Easter Utah, to Fish Creek and Butler Creek. Our guide said there were a lot of Indian Ruins. We sure were not disappointed. Twenty mile round trip makes the saddle a little hard by the end of the day.

2005-04-08017.jpg

2005-04-08054.jpg

2005-04-08058.jpg

2005-04-08021.jpg

Some of the more adventuresome in the crew.
2005-04-08038.jpg

This is what they were looking for.
2005-04-08036.jpg

Can you see the "masonry work" in this one ?

2005-04-08035.jpg

2005-04-08066.jpg

2005-04-08110.jpg

2005-04-08074.jpg

The long rode home. (camp)
2005-04-08025.jpg

That's great idea BMR. Seriously, how fun would it be to plan a week long hangout where we picked a spot kinda central and as many as could come just did some touring around. There would be no way to get everyone so it would just have to be who can come does. It would be a blast.

Mustang, that southeastern country is awesome ain't it? Lots of history down there and we love it. Great pictures! I need to call Keith W. and tell him you've made him famous! :lol:

leanin' H said:
That's great idea BMR. Seriously, how fun would it be to plan a week long hangout where we picked a spot kinda central and as many as could come just did some touring around. There would be no way to get everyone so it would just have to be who can come does. It would be a blast.

Mustang, that southeastern country is awesome ain't it? Lots of history down there and we love it. Great pictures! I need to call Keith W. and tell him you've made him famous! :lol:

I'll do anything I can to make it happen,,,,,after I get out of jail for using those pictures without permission. :oops: :roll: :roll: I didn't think anyone could recognize them !!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Great pictures Mustang! I would like to see the desert that way sometime.

It also looks way too HOT for this guy. Is there a time of year where it has highs of 70 or less? :D

gcreekrch said:
Great pictures Mustang! I would like to see the desert that way sometime.

It also looks way too HOT for this guy. Is there a time of year where it has highs of 70 or less? :D

Those Fish Creek pictures were taken in the first of April. We were all wearing coats and I remember setting around the fire and wishing I had a heavier coat. Most years, the last of April and the first of May would probably be the best time if your riding horses and camping out. When we use to gather cows along the Esclante River, we wanted to "get er done" before those little black knats started to hatch. You can get caught in bad weather just about any time,,, usually when your the furtherst from camp.

Don't wait too long to see that country if you want me to guide you,,, I ain't getting any younger. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I nominate H' as Chairman and Head Guide,,, I count 7 on the list, including myself. Is sounds like H' better get crakking. :D

leanin' H said:

i am game let me know when and where :D

mustang said:
I nominate H' as Chairman and Head Guide,,, I count 7 on the list, including myself. Is sounds like H' better get crakking. :D

I can see the search effort now as they try to find our party of lost ranchers led by an idiot! :D I will show up and try not to irritate folks but my leadership of any expedition would jepordize all chances of finding camp!

You can count us in on that trip. I got room for 8 horses, if Soap will drive his bus to haul the riders.

LazyWP said:
You can count us in on that trip. I got room for 8 horses, if Soap will drive his bus to haul the riders.

It sounds like there is enough interest to put something together. I talked with H' and we feel like about a year from now would be a good time to shoot for. We need someone from the north country to organize things from that end. Put a list together of those who would sure show up and take a tally of what everyone would like to do when they got here. Some would trailer horses and I'm guessing some would just drive. Kick it around and let me know,, then we can make some decisions on this end.

i'm not sure what i'm doin' tomorrow, let alone a year from now. :wink: but for the time bein', put me on the list. i'm sure gcreek or BMR would pick me up on their way by, right? :D

Justin said:
i'm not sure what i'm doin' tomorrow, let alone a year from now. :wink: but for the time bein', put me on the list. i'm sure gcreek or BMR would pick me up on their way by, right? :D

With H as the guide, I believe I'll just stay here and wait for you to show up. Maybe I can get you turned around and back on the right trail. :wink: :D

That's a long ways to haul a horse, is there any pack rats in that part of the country.
good luck

Latest posts