• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

some yearling bull pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo

Reaction score
779ad.jpg

red purebred gelbvieh WJW779T
763ad.jpg

Black purebred gelbvieh WJW763T
730ad.jpg

Red Balancer WJW730T

a few of this years bulls

The bulls are looking good as usual. What are the sires?

thanks sw
1) Vale Country Righton (red herd sire out of newday)
2) Col Beretta (sired by Spur Beretta, purchased from Fred Colver)
3) TKP Bodacious (Red Angus)

Very impressive bulls,Elwapo.Mind you after seeing the pictures you posted of your bulls last year,i wouldn't expect anything less!!!

diesel
#1 779 - april 11-07 bull
#2 763 -march 17-07 bull
#3 730 -feb 12 bull

#1 is the youngest bull we will sell this year. Originally he was marked for our long yearling program as we dont normally sell bulls under a year old.

Good looking bulls. I have only seen the pictures of your bulls for the past two years, but they are real nice.

#1 DOB=April 11,BW=74, WW=702,WDA=3.02, ADG=4.47
#2 DOB=MAR 17,BW=78, WW=707, WDA=3.26,ADG=2.89
#3 DOB= FEB18,BW=90,WW=867,WDA=3.47,ADG=3.74

Dec 31 weights
#1 985
#2 915
#3 1136
We will do a another weigh this week and pour them again with ivermectin.

Red Robin
We have had no birth weight issues with Bodacious on our gelbvieh cows. My average herd birth weight was 87 lb last year and the bodacious calves did not vary much from that. I know he has monster birth weight EPDs, but he has worked for us with no problems at all.

Nice. They're a handsome, burly bunch. They're huge compared to our yearling wagyu bulls, they look more like my 2-year old, Frankenstein.

I agree with everyone else,the bulls are classy,definetly herd improver's................good luck

elwapo said:
#1 DOB=April 11,BW=74, WW=702,WDA=3.02, ADG=4.47
#2 DOB=MAR 17,BW=78, WW=707, WDA=3.26,ADG=2.89
#3 DOB= FEB18,BW=90,WW=867,WDA=3.47,ADG=3.74

Dec 31 weights
#1 985
#2 915
#3 1136
We will do a another weigh this week and pour them again with ivermectin.

Red Robin
We have had no birth weight issues with Bodacious on our gelbvieh cows. My average herd birth weight was 87 lb last year and the bodacious calves did not vary much from that. I know he has monster birth weight EPDs, but he has worked for us with no problems at all.
I'm not too interested in epd's but the talk on the street is that his BW's are too big. I guess you're the first one I've talked to that actually calved his calves. He was a fantastic bull to look at. I saw him in KC one year and was duly impressed.

Red Robin said:
How did you like the bodacious calves? Husky BW? Nice set of bulls.

TKP Bodacious has a -14 Ce EPD. Not being a smarta$$ but what the heck would you breed him to with that kind of birthweight and those EPD's behind him.

3waycross said:
Red Robin said:

TKP Bodacious has a -14 Ce EPD. Not being a smarta$$ but what the heck would you breed him to with that kind of birthweight and those EPD's behind him.

A COW...

Don't always use those epds like the bible. Their is way more to it. He hasn't had any trouble with him and look at the quality of the calf he has from him.

3waycross said:
Red Robin said:

I'm not going to use him 3way because of the merchantability of the offspring in a purebred herd but I don't believe epd's properly describe the way a bull will preform for me in my herd. I could explain but it'd just bring about some argument so I'll leave it at that. I wouldn't hesitate to use him commercially in my cows if I didn't have bulls that already suited me that were raised by me in my environment under my management.

I purchased a small herd of purebred Red Angus cows, 36 head to be exact. Some of the cows were bred bodacious and we have had one cow have an 84 lb bodacious heifer calf. It is a great calf that will have some poor EPD,s. But to most commercial customers EPD,s come a distant second to phenotype on the scale of things. Actually I think most commercial ranchers don't understand and don't care about EPD,s. That being said I would never promote a high BW or low CE EPD bull as a heifer bull.

Latest posts