• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

something for "fightless Friday"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mrj

Reaction score
Heard something on the radio about "nice" four letter words. Have we done that here yet? Might be fun for tomorrow to see how many good or nice four letter words we can come up with.

For starters; good, nice, love, home, .................

MRJ

My favorite= food

acceptable four-letter words= darn and RATs!!!

Some of the good four-letter words that seem pertinent for this morning are: cows, cavs, barn, hoss, sadl, spur, nice wetr, feed, watr, fens post, gate, hope y'all have fine Frdy, plez laff, this joke. :lol:

How about HELP, I feel like SH*T, picked up a bug. Had to rush through feeding so I can go to bed. Wife is finishing the last bunch I didn't get done. Thanks for good women.

soapweed....see you got hukd on foniks, tooooo. hahaha!!! i agree with shelly...my favorite 4 letter word is "hope"....not nearly enought in today's world, don't ya think?!

how about 'true', 'blue' (like the skies over the madison valley right now), 'snow' (which we are in serious lack of), 'rain' (our only salvation this spring)....

this was a wonferful idea for friday...thanks!!

kris

Good idea!! I have to get in on this, though many of my favorites are already taken.

How about dogs, hoss, beef, graz, frnz, (that's a stretch on 'friends'), fine, mnrl (you had to know I'd do something with that one, LOL!!), kids, luck, trvl, --whew, guess I better quit!! I could say 'cats' but would probably start an arguement!!! LOL

Have a great day, everyone. I've got to head into work. I'll sure check this out when I return.

To Rancher,

HOPE Yull feel good real soon; flue ain't nice. Stay in the SACK!

nr said:
To Rancher,

HOPE Yull feel good real soon; flue ain't nice. Stay in the SACK!

anuthr hukd on foniks gradu8!!!hahaha!!! love it!!! thanx 4 da smylz,all!!

kris.....(hey, that's 4 letrz,too!!)

How 'bout grdn? I got to start cleaning out the garden to get ready for this year. The weather has been gorgeous - today was 60 degrees out! Got some tomatoes and peppers, and flower seeds going. Just wish it would rain or snow or SOMETHING beside nice weathe and wind in Feb. Been very good weaning weather, though, as we are all about done with the bawlin'. Tomorrow we vaccinate. Rancher - my spouse and I attended a "Super Bowl" party involving the neighbors around here, everyone got sick with the flu...chills, fever, aches, coughing, congestion, etc. Problem was, we both got it at the same time, so we both were trying to get the feeding done ASAP so we could go back to bed! All of ranchers are tough, though, we still get the job done, even if we feel we are dying! We still had to take our daughter to the bus in the AM and pick her up in the PM (bus pick-up is 3 mi away). Talk about tough to get out of bed to get that done!!! Stay in bed, bud, get over it. Us wifeys love to take over when our help is really needed! :D

NR, don't know what I have. Had the flu shot. Have the chills, ache all over and cough from throat not the chest and no upper head cold. Just feel like sh*T. Tomorrow is not going to be fun feeding at the rate. But life must go on. Thanks for thinking of me.

rancher said:
NR, don't know what I have. Had the flu shot. Have the chills, ache all over and cough from throat not the chest and no upper head cold. Just feel like sh*T. Tomorrow is not going to be fun feeding at the rate. But life must go on. Thanks for thinking of me.

That sounds like what we had in Dec/Jan. Sucks bigtime. Hope you come out of it quick. Just thought, my Dad had it too and a few weeks later was wondering why he was a little doggy yet, turned out he got pnemonia as an after affect.

Tom S, if it is the same how long do I have to live? How long did your last? I don't have a fever, just thought I was getting a cold, but no cold has ever felt like this before.

rancher.....seen alot of this flu bug going around our parts, too...it is actually a strain of the real influenza that, unfortunately, is resistant to the vaccine that we were so "short" of at the beginning!! the best recipe that this nurse can give you is "lots of water and fluids (yes, gatorade and powerade count as fluids, but beer DOES NOT!!LOL!!), tylenol or ibuprofen for the fever and aches and last (but most importantly) REST!!! i know this is a concept unknown to you rancher/cowboy/farmer types, but it is of utmost importance!!! my husband got this bug, was down and out for 48 hours, felt better, got cocky and went back to his 20 hour days....only lasted for the first 20 hours and he was back down for 3 days!!! that's the way this seems to go....come and go for a few weeks!!! your place is not gonna blow away in the wind if you take a couple of days to fully recuperate!! trust me and get your a@@ to bed and stay there a day or two....

rancher, I've had this overgrown cold for two weeks. It is not fun, and I feel for you. The dust in the air makes it hard to inhale enough life-giving oxygen. Think I am finally gaining ground on the darned deal.

Saddletramp and I both went to a poetry and music deal about a month ago. A carry-in supper was included in the festivities, and about four hours later we both came down with food poisoning. Consider yourself lucky that you just have the cold. I'd much rather have the bad cold for two weeks than the food poisoning for a few hours. That was as close to dying as I've had the opportunity to experience. Much of the night was spent sitting in the little room with a bowl in my lap. My breathing was very labored, and my concerned wife was on the other side of the door asking if there was anything she could do. My reply was that I just wanted her to know it was for real, and that I was not faking. She said that nobody could act that good, which was reassuring in itself.

Good luck to you. Take heart, this too shall pass.

I don't have a fever, so wonder what it is. Just aches, loose cough that about rips my throat out, hot inside and freezing on the outside, no headache or runny nose. Will go to bed after I get the cows fed. I spent most of the day in bed off and on, have to get up as it makes you ache more laying in one spot. I never did handle sick very well. Wife would be sick and kids sick at the same time and she still handle it all. I can hardly take care of my cows and me at one time. Whiskey is what I need.

I agree Soapweed, nothing worse than a good case of food poisoning. You don't know what end to treat first and sometimes they both go at once. I feel better already knowing it could be worse, thanks.

rancher said:
I don't have a fever, so wonder what it is. Just aches, loose cough that about rips my throat out, hot inside and freezing on the outside, no headache or runny nose. Will go to bed after I get the cows fed. I spent most of the day in bed off and on, have to get up as it makes you ache more laying in one spot. I never did handle sick very well. Wife would be sick and kids sick at the same time and she still handle it all. I can hardly take care of my cows and me at one time. Whiskey is what I need.

"Whiskey"???? wait....didn't i say WATER??? oh well, what ever you need to get some SLEEP!!! Theraflu tastes like hell, but it really does help...give 'er a try and best of luck...the hubby says theraflu works best if mixed with the whiskey....go figure!!! yes, of course, we women can handle being sick and still taking care of the kids...one too many times, the hubby has been sick and stated (more than once) "just shoot me and put me outta my misery".....been a few times that that was starting to sound like a pretty good option!!!

Latest posts