• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

South Dakota

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal said:
katrina said:
You're on Cal!!!!!!! Let's do it.........
Can you all swim???? :wink: :wink:
You bet. Are you gonna tell the folks about the river being clothing optional in your area? :D

I can see it now. Naked South Dakotans that talk funny trying to learn to swim and can't hear a damn thing! :wink:

That ain't me, So it has to be Cal.........
I was going to keep the clothing optional thingy quite Cal!!!!!!!!
I can hear just fine, it's just when the words run together I have trouble with.
Mike, Whats bama doing? I don't see him on here much anymore and I miss him.....

Mike...I can see it now. Naked South Dakotans that talk funny trying to learn to swim and can't hear a damn thing!

That is funny.
Being from the south and coming to Kansas I thought everyone up here had an accent, they told me I was wrong and that I was the one with the accent. Also being from the south I just assumed that everyone knew how to swim. Most of my friends here can't. I guess that living in a place where there is a lake within ten miles any direction, numerous bayous, and rivers made the difference.

Gosh, and you are talking about where I live. I think different now, but when I was growing up, I thought I was born in the most forlohn and forgotten place in the world. I guess a person didn't want to get any farther than 30 miles from home with a model A Ford back then.

katrina said:
You fit right in with my bunch. I'm the only one that can swim...And I'm an out a stater........

Warm enough to swim here today. Above 80 degrees. Eat your heart out!

South Dakota has so many fun things to offer.

1. HotSprings has Evans Plunge

2.Deadwood has gambling.

3.Keystone is a tourist trap but fun to look through has the President's Alpine Slide, helicopter rides, and lots of fun shops.

4. Mount Rushmore is a must!

5. Crazy Horse National Monument

6. Custer State Park

7. Bear Country

8. Reptiles Garden

9. Caves galore

10. Rapid City has an excellent mall and the hotel to stay at is the Ramkota has an awesome kids water park and two huge slides.

12. Wall Drug

My tip would be to go after Labor Day weekend if it's a possibility as lodging goes up memorial day weekend and stays up there until after Labor day.

You might want to check into what is going on at the Civic Center in Rapid when you go from rodeos, plays, and ice shows are held there during the year.

katrina said:
I second the Black Hills. reptile garden is excellant. You must see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Mounument, Wall Drug is a must. Take in a rodeo. Stay west river. And you are very welcomed to come tube the Niobrara (sp) with us. Maybe I can talk the Soapweed family and Saddletramp family to partake. Cal is around this area too. I can also show you how your goverment dollars are spent too. Let me know and I will set up the arrangements.
Would you call that "Soap and Water"? :)

Cal said:
katrina said:
I second the Black Hills. reptile garden is excellant. You must see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Mounument, Wall Drug is a must. Take in a rodeo. Stay west river. And you are very welcomed to come tube the Niobrara (sp) with us. Maybe I can talk the Soapweed family and Saddletramp family to partake. Cal is around this area too. I can also show you how your goverment dollars are spent too. Let me know and I will set up the arrangements.
Would you call that "Soap and Water"? :)

What really gets people into trouble is Weed and Water. :wink: :)

katrina said:
Cal and wacky weed is something I could never imagine. :shock: :shock: Or you as a matter of fact.........

The reason you could never imagine it is that it never happened, to me at least, and I'm quite confident I can also speak for Cal. :!: :wink: :)

REminds me of a true story that happened to us. Roscoe was hauling calves in to the sale barn and was stopped by a state patroleman that is well reconized in the community. Anyway he writes Roscoe up for no trip permit. We live in SD and have SD plates. We have 10 miles of highway to get to Valentine. Anyway he writes Roscoe up for no trip permit. Yeah okay could of wrote him up for no fuel permit too. No big deal, We'll just suck it up. In the Valentine paper the next week we see where Roscoe was picked up and convicted of possession of Marijuana less than an ounce. I call the newpaper and ask what is going on and that this was wrong in the paper. The lady who owns the paper doesn't care. So I call a lawyer and he writes the nwespaper a nice letter that they better recall the mess they wrote. We find out that when the officer checked the box his checkmark went into the box for drugs. And the person who goes to get the information from the court house thought it was checked. I had to call the school and tell the teacher that no my husband was not convicted of drugs. And he was the talk in Valentine for several weeks. We finally kinda got it cleared up. It's amazing how a very respectable, honorable, kind man's reputation could be tarnished by carelessness.

katrina said:
It's amazing how a very respectable, honorable, kind man's reputation could be tarnished by carelessness.

That's exactly why my reputation is in the shape it in! I tell you, it was all a mistake! :eek: :shock:

:wink:

Latest posts