• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Southern Alberta / Sask

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Just got a weather alert on my blkberry. Hope everyone is alright . Stay Safe !!

For full details visit http://​emergencyalert.alberta.ca
Description:
There is a storm with very dangerous and damaging winds. The City of Calgary is closing its downtown core to all traffic. Residents should stay inside away from windows.

I was going down the Deerfoot today and my trailer switched lanes, before I did.....Luckily there was no one beside me.

5774944bin.jpg

more pics at link

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/High+winds+through+Calgary+downing+power+lines+trees+traffic+lights/5774684/story.html?tab=PHOT

Faster horses said:
The wind is trying to change the climate. :shock: :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Al Gores fault. :D

think of all the global warming that will be created when all the shingles that need to be replaced are manufactured :shock:

Drove by a comercial building today that is be re-roofed.....they had just put all the insulation bundles on the roof last week. There were about 6 guys running around picking them off the road and putting them inside the warehouse. :lol:

pretty much the same here, worst wind ever in recent memory. good thing it's 13 C and not 20 below and snowing. just seen on the news that grass fire are burning in southern alberta

little bow rancher said:
hayguy said:
pretty much the same here, worst wind ever in recent memory. good thing it's 13 C and not 20 below and snowing. just seen on the news that grass fire are burning in southern alberta
pretty tough to fix corrals :mad:
Going to have to be able to pound posts here, frozen ground notwithstanding.

I heard they did evacuate parts of Lethbridge, Cropwellfarms .

I feel badly for all of you that had damage , sucks , no matter what time of year it happens. I hope all of your livestock are OK .

They said no casualties, I hope that is correct .

per said:
little bow rancher said:
hayguy said:
pretty tough to fix corrals :mad:
Going to have to be able to pound posts here, frozen ground notwithstanding.
yep got a little more corral work , shouldn't complain went to town today looks like we aren't as bad as some :oops:

A340 landing in Calgary yesterday.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmneDbYYHfGM%26feature%3Dshare&h=4AQFWGvh6AQHt4N32coQXsp5ekURMVTXpRJ3rbqAg-9B7kw

There have been fires along the cpr main line on saturday night and sunday west of maple creek. The fire on sunday burned a vacant yard site, It came really close to another. There was only minutes to fight the fire at the speed it was burning and the distance these places were from the railway tracks. Luckily no one was hurt. First time post hope I did it right.

Last week we had 60+ degree- record sitting high temps-- and fire warnings....But it appears you folks up north are sending us a little weather that might take care of the fire danger...

Wednesday: Snow likely before 11am, then snow and areas of blowing snow after 11am. High near 33. Breezy, with a north wind 7 to 10 mph increasing to between 25 and 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -5. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 18 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saying with the winds- some areas may reach blizzard conditions...

Just plain nasty here - - - - +40F and 4" of heavy wet snow - -- - good thing no wind or there would be major damage.

Tree limbs on the ground and power lines streching like crazy.

If it stays this warm hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

Latest posts