• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sparky's new knife making table, March 14, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Sparkysnewknifemakingtable800x600.jpg

Sparky's new knife-making table
Hishomemadeanvil800x600.jpg

His handmade anvil
Knifemakingtools800x600.jpg

Knife making tools
Theantlercanopy800x600.jpg

The antler canopy
Grindernumberone800x600.jpg

Grinder number one
Grindernumbertwo800x600.jpg

Grinder number two
Magnifyingglass800x600.jpg

Magnifying glass
Mytwosons800x600.jpg

My two sons
Airhosetorunstuff800x600.jpg

Air hose to run stuff
Beltgrinder800x600.jpg

Beltgrinder
Necessaryknifemakingcomponents800x600.jpg

Necessary knife making components
Aknifebeingmade600x800.jpg

A knife in the making
ShowingoffhisShamrockinsignia800x600.jpg

Showing off his new Shamrock insignia. This is the first knife to have this decor.
Copperinthefancyhandle800x600.jpg

Copper in the fancy handle
Profileofaknifemaker600x800.jpg

Profile of a knife maker

I see I need to make a trip west. He is getting a nice set up, and makes some really nice knives. I still have oil if he wants it.

leanin' H said:
How does a guy get on the list for a new knife? That is a neat set up and he is a handy feller. :D

You are gonna have sooooo much stuff from here in the Sandhills, that you are gonna have to make the trip. Maybe even gonna have to bring an armored truck with all that crusty old money. :p What, with a paur of leggins, a knife, a truck load of heifers..... By the way, wipe the drool off the screen.

They are beautiful knives, and they must be sharp. I count 2 sets of missing whiskers in these pictures alone...

Beauty of a set up, looks great.

Was the anvil made from a piece of rail road track?

Those pics and the topic make me want to travel south for a visit.

Craftsmanship is in short supply in these days Made In China.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the nice compliments. Sparky is quite handy at whatever he does. He did make his anvil from a piece of railroad track. I think his goal is to get good enough at knife making, and sell them for high enough prices, that he doesn't have to fix hay baler axles. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Thanks for the nice compliments. Sparky is quite handy at whatever he does. He did make his anvil from a piece of railroad track. I think his goal is to get good enough at knife making, and sell them for high enough prices, that he doesn't have to fix hay baler axles. :wink:

Get me on the list quick before he gets out'a my price range! :D

LazyWP said:
leanin' H said:
How does a guy get on the list for a new knife? That is a neat set up and he is a handy feller. :D

You are gonna have sooooo much stuff from here in the Sandhills, that you are gonna have to make the trip. Maybe even gonna have to bring an armored truck with all that crusty old money. :p What, with a paur of leggins, a knife, a truck load of heifers..... By the way, wipe the drool off the screen.

You can my drool through your screen? :???: That's a fancy computer! :D I am gonna need to build a lot of fence to finance my trip east to pickup all the stuff i find i must have! Those chillies are gonna have to go up in value as they may have to bear the brunt of my expenses! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LazyWP said:
leanin' H said:

You can my drool through your screen? :???: That's a fancy computer! :D I am gonna need to build a lot of fence to finance my trip east to pickup all the stuff i find i must have! Those chillies are gonna have to go up in value as they may have to bear the brunt of my expenses! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure understand how you could get so excited. Our weather has been nice enough, that I am getting started on some of my fencing projects. And like you, I may have to take on a few more jobs on the side, to fund my chillies.

Latest posts