• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Speaking of Harry Potter.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

IL, I think we already decided that Deliverance isnt the best choice for a first date movie. :D Apparently wearing flannel p.j.s covered in various dog breeds on a first camping trip also sends some seriously warped messages :)

Well you know what the say Judith,, its a dog eat dog world and wearning milk bone underwear might not be a good diea.

I thnk I have seen a set of flannel pjs that resemble the one mentined... I don't know HOW that would send some weird message and perhaps my innocent self desn't need to know :lol: :lol: :lol:

My ex and I went on our first camping trip about 6 months after we started dating. We had not done the horizontal mombo at this point and I was being a good girl! I guess that Roland assumed there would be alot of nudity on the camping trip so when I pulled out the canine sleep wear he darn near died laughing! It still gives him fits of hysteria to this day!.....

I dont know I just thought they were functional.....

LOL!!! See i wouldnt have laughed at you, I would have admired the functionality of those glow in the dark snowflakes! Excellent for locating folks who have gotten lost on trips to the outhouse :)

Well.. I don't think I would have laughed but that is just me.. I kind of like the flannel pjs my wife has and always have..

Practical and functional yes, but there is something about leaving stuff to the imagination too that just works for this fella.

montana cowgurl said:
Angus Cattle Shower said:
WHY are we talkign about Hairy Potsmoker? AS fa as I am concerned, its a waste of time

grr...lol...have you even read the books?

I got through the forst two pages of the first one and it was about as much as I could handle... I'd rather have a goos westerd any day :D:D haha

Judith said:
IL, I think we already decided that Deliverance isnt the best choice for a first date movie. :D Apparently wearing flannel p.j.s covered in various dog breeds on a first camping trip also sends some seriously warped messages :)

Unless you live in GA and you were in the movie!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judith said:
LOL!!! See i wouldnt have laughed at you, I would have admired the functionality of those glow in the dark snowflakes! Excellent for locating folks who have gotten lost on trips to the outhouse :)

When the lot of us are out in the wild west on a dino dig, we all have different color glow in the dark boot laces!!!

That way you can locate who is where and not bother someone on a pee run!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kato said:
I have a pair with glow in the dark snowflakes on them. I got laughed at too, first time I wore them. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I dated a gal who wore boxers as pj's and they said no no no all over them. then after shutting off the lights they glowed yes yes yes !

jigs said:
Kato said:
I have a pair with glow in the dark snowflakes on them. I got laughed at too, first time I wore them. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I dated a gal who wore boxers as pj's and they said no no no all over them. then after shutting off the lights they glowed yes yes yes !

Now that is awesome!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a pair of something or other that has glow in the dark hearts on it! :lol: Didnt relize it until someone had mentioned it!:lol:

Katy

That was common attire for some of the coeds at Nortwestern.... We had coed floors in which one wing was male and the next female and that was typical attire along with a flannel shirt or something... Always gave me a bit of a chuckle..

kolanuraven said:
Well...I bought the book yesteday.

Will wait to read it till after all the hay is cut ( my job for the next 2 days) and up THEN I'll crash out and read it. Haven't even took a peek at the last page yet!!!!

Some of you already think I'm Satan's Spawn...so it shouldn't hurt me if it's filled with ' evil'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finished the book last nite!

Good book....answered a LOT of the questions raised in the other books/movies.

LOVED the ending!

I know HP is exciting to some and awful to others...but here's my 2 cents worth...HP came out the same time my son was at the age of Harry, so I got him the book, he loved it, I got the tapes and listened to em while checking cows, I loved em. When the first movie came out my son and I went to it together and then gabbed all the way home about it. This has gone on between us through all the books and movies. The best thing though is last month when the movie came out, he's 19 now, he called from Cheyenne and asked if I would come out and we'd go to the movie...so I did...hey drive 6hrs to go see a movie with my college kid...you bet! Then just a few nite ago, he called and had just finished the last book, and we talked it all over for at least an hour...so to me HP has been a good bonding thing for me and my kid, and apparently it has meant something to him too over the years, since he still wants to share it with me....by the way, he read the last book in a day and half..lol I can't wait to get the tapes!

Jassy said:
I know HP is exciting to some and awful to others...but here's my 2 cents worth...HP came out the same time my son was at the age of Harry, so I got him the book, he loved it, I got the tapes and listened to em while checking cows, I loved em. When the first movie came out my son and I went to it together and then gabbed all the way home about it. This has gone on between us through all the books and movies. The best thing though is last month when the movie came out, he's 19 now, he called from Cheyenne and asked if I would come out and we'd go to the movie...so I did...hey drive 6hrs to go see a movie with my college kid...you bet! Then just a few nite ago, he called and had just finished the last book, and we talked it all over for at least an hour...so to me HP has been a good bonding thing for me and my kid, and apparently it has meant something to him too over the years, since he still wants to share it with me....by the way, he read the last book in a day and half..lol I can't wait to get the tapes!

That is great, Jassy. I commend you and your son for having a common bond through the years. Undoubtedly he is a better reader because of the Harry Potter books, and if a person can read and likes to read, they can learn anything without the help of any other teacher.

Peach Blossom is a fine Christian lady, but she admits that the old television show "Bewitched" was one of her favorites. Santa Claus has a place in Christmas, but we must never forget that Christ is the real reason for Christmas. There is nothing wrong with being well versed on all sorts of schools of thought, as long as we keep priorities of right and wrong in clear focus.

When the first book came out I read it. There were parts I found disturbing for children to read so I was a bit against the book being geared toward Elementary kids. After watching for 2 years 5th grade boys who couldnt read past the 2nd grade work hard to read the book and improve their reading level for the next book I am all for it. What was even better was it sparked their love of reading and they started to read for fun, not just what they "had to"
I Love to read, but I dont like reading these books. I love the Hobbit and other fantasy books. Now on the other hand I LOVE the movies. I tried to get Kaitlyn to go see the movie but as she put it..."he is a nerd Mom" gotta love 13 year old girls.
My dad is sending me the whole 7 books on MP3 disks. Dad got me hooked on listening to "books on tape" What happened to all the time I use to have to sit and read???

Latest posts