• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sponsorship of R_CALF's Reno get-together/fair-well party

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
Sponsors for the regional meeting include: No-Bull Enterprises; MIX30-AgriDyne; Powder River Livestock Handling Equipment; Anipro Xtraformance Feeds; Pfizer Animal Health; and, Ainsworth Feedyards, Ainsworth, Neb

I think some of these companies will lose a lot more than they will gain by this sponsorship! :???:

They obviously don't think so. Who would think that of an organization who's membership is growing leaps and bounds?

To think that their sales will increase, (to customers who are already buying their products), by more than what they will lose in Canada, is a bad business decision.

You would think that Companies of this magnitude have to be more in touch with what is going on in the industry, to sponsor an organization that is against multinationals, and big business?

Probably most Ag business's and Ag associated business's that are tied to the cattle game, from bankers, implement dealers, drug companies, truck and auto dealers etc. etc. etc. have made more money in the last 2-3 years from the cattle producers than they did in the whole 10 years before.....Those in the cattle business have finally been paid what their product is worth- and in return reinvested it in the local and national community... Many of those business's have finally recognized what many cattlemen have said about the negative affect the Canadian glut of cattle and imports as a whole has on prices- and they don't want to go back to the old status quo.......

I also keep a list of who supports what- when we bought a new truck last month we went to the one with the R-CALF sticker in the window-even changed brands to do so---my few bucks don't mean much- but there are many more out their that support business's that support the local community, the US cattle industry, and US product as a whole......

Hey OT, what do you think the chances are that this sponsorship will be pulled before the big event?

Murgen said:
Hey OT, what do you think the chances are that this sponsorship will be pulled before the big event?

If it shows up to be that important and that big a deal- there will be 5 to take their place....... :wink:

Murgen said:
Sponsors for the regional meeting include: No-Bull Enterprises; MIX30-AgriDyne; Powder River Livestock Handling Equipment; Anipro Xtraformance Feeds; Pfizer Animal Health; and, Ainsworth Feedyards, Ainsworth, Neb

I think some of these companies will lose a lot more than they will gain by this sponsorship! :???:

Murgen these are all good R CALFER's that see a bigger picture than you do,I have personally spoken with some of them and they are firm on their stance...........good luck

That's good Haymaker, a firm stance is good, it makes you more ready for the consquences in reaction to your decisions.

I have personally spoken with a Pfizer representative, and he is not happy about this at all.

This is a company that has been all over the media in Canada over the last two years as being a supporter of Canadian cattlemen, and I bet the Canadian division is more than angry with the American side of the company. They stand to lose a lot of business on this side of the border over this, and we can only hope they see the wisdom of pulling out of it right now. :!: :!: :!: :!:

As for the others, never heard of them, and don't care. 8) They obviously don't intend to ever have Canadian customers anyway.

Kato, good for you, I have also talked to 2 reps today, and I belive this will be changed with an apology within the near future!

If not, well so be it......

Pfizer.....and Dick Durbin should compare notes on how to stick your foot in it!! :roll:

Murgen these are all good R CALFER's that see a bigger picture than you do,I have personally spoken with some of them and they are firm on their stance...........good luck

Or it could be that some small feedstore, donated product without Pfiser's knowledge. But I couldn't see an RCALFer being that deceitful?

Right about now the Pfizer Gold program is looking like a thing of the past here in Canada, I'd say. We'll be going to a different product if they support r-calf.

We went away from the Phizer Gold program this year, switched to something more economical but still a good vaccination program. What kind of truck did you get OT? :shock:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
What kind of truck did you get OT? :shock:

Got a 2005 GMC 3/4 ton with the 8100 gas engine-- sucks down gas but that 504 cubic inch engine definitely has pulling power- grandma likes the 4 doors- altho my son has adopted it as his ...... I'll still probably be driving my old 97 Dodge bale truck 10 years from now :? ....

Just spoke with a rep from pfizer head office in Canada. He indicated to me that they were asked to sponsor a dinner for a feelot owner not knowing it was to be held in conjunction with the r-calf meetings. He said to me that it was an oversight by the rep and that they are not interested in sponsoring r-calf in any way.

Its gonna be interesting to see ,what pfizer does,support Leo's fare well party or back out............good luck PS I say they will stick

I just received a call from Pfizer. One of their reps was approached by an Rcalf member for sponsorship, without telling the rep that it was an RCALF event.

Pfizer USA, was made aware of the situation this morning and has been in contact with RCALF, to let them know that the sponsorship will be pulled, and in no way does Pfizer support their "political agenda"..

Latest posts