• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

St. Patrick's Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
Well this is about as early as I can remember working up crop land. We plowed up some more sod last fall and it ended up really rough and uneven. Just awful. Don't have the right kind of plow. (Yeah, I can hear some guys saying that there is no right kind of plow)

So this afternoon I hooked onto some harrows and started to harrow those rough clods down. Going really slow but it went down pretty good and should be ready to cultivate beginning of the week. Then we can haul manure and work it again and plant corn.

Oh wait – it's still March! Oh well, it's a start.

Every day for the next week is forecasting sun and temperatures in the 70's.

:shock:

The grass is starting to turn green and usually it's still under a foot or more of snow this time of year. :?

I contracted a fellow to level some flood irrigated hay/grain fields I have...Because of the open winter he was able to work most of the winter and was done leveling in February....

I'm getting ready were putting in 300 acres of corn I can pay for cow land alot quicker with gold nuggets.Also it will insure I get to keep and have feed for most of my heifers.

Latest posts