• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Star Class 😁

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
While I was stuck at work today since our crew is currently short handed, littlest H was showing pigs at the county livestock show. Tenth overall and the proud owner of another star class rosette. He’s a keeper

A788F000-23C9-4B57-86B7-09D083C7AE75.jpeg

429CE23B-E2AC-44C0-B2BE-53D5D270DD9E.jpeg

webfoot

Reaction score
Congratulations,

I never figured out how you go about showing a pig. A steer you halter break. A lamb you can man handle. Neither of those works with a pig. So is it here is my pig. You have seen it Mr. Judge because I showed it to you. Extra points if you bring the judge the cold beverage of his choice.

leanin' H

Reaction score
Congratulations,

I never figured out how you go about showing a pig. A steer you halter break. A lamb you can man handle. Neither of those works with a pig. So is it here is my pig. You have seen it Mr. Judge because I showed it to you. Extra points if you bring the judge the cold beverage of his choice.
It’s a heck of a lot more than that. Dalton has worked his tail feathers off getting his pig “broke” to drive. It takes a lot of work at home to teach them to turn on command, keep their head up, build endurance so they don’t quit when they get tired. I showed steers and pigs are way harder to show right.

webfoot

Reaction score
It’s a heck of a lot more than that. Dalton has worked his tail feathers off getting his pig “broke” to drive. It takes a lot of work at home to teach them to turn on command, keep their head up, build endurance so they don’t quit when they get tired. I showed steers and pigs are way harder to show right.
I knew there had to be more to it than I know. I have raised some pigs they seem to have a mind of their own.

leanin' H

Reaction score
He went out Friday and showed his pig to a great third place position in senior showmanship!! 😁 He’s a sophomore and was competing for the buckles with a ring full of seniors. Couldn’t be more proud. Also love his competitive streak and he was just a bit ticked to miss a buckle by a single placement. He definitely gets that from me. I’ve been known to push myself a bunch.
Saturday he sold both pigs and did really well. I had both pigs sold prior to the show. But one of our amazing friends up the valley a ways wasn’t having that. He just kept bidding against me and ended up with Dalton’s second pig. Hard to beat friends like that 😁( I spent the money that would of been going to Dalton and bought another pig from a kid, so it was a win/win)
Stockshow season for the H’s is behind us now. We have a couple of sows to get AI’d in a few weeks. And then an great elk tag for him in SE Utah with his bow. It’ll be an adventure for sure.

Alaska-Rancher

Reaction score
Congrats!! FFA was big in our school system back in the 80's & 90's, 2 of my 3 boys were in it and of course I was in the alumni :) We never did pigs on my place , watched them yougin's work them with a board 'bout 3ft x2ft and boy would them pigs sgueel. You woulda thought they were being lit on fire. Hats off to them FFA kids and 4-H too

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Congratulations to him for sure!
I never showed anything in 4H or FFA, but Mr. FH did and so did our daughter.
She showed Market Steer and Replacement heifers.
She rode her 1200# steer at the fair before the sale, she let other kids ride him too.
He was a big, gentle polled Hereford steer she called Buddy. I won't go into what
happened when she sold that one. 😭
The next one was easier...

Latest posts