• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Star Class šŸ˜

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
While I was stuck at work today since our crew is currently short handed, littlest H was showing pigs at the county livestock show. Tenth overall and the proud owner of another star class rosette. He's a keeper

A788F000-23C9-4B57-86B7-09D083C7AE75.jpeg

429CE23B-E2AC-44C0-B2BE-53D5D270DD9E.jpeg

Congratulations,

I never figured out how you go about showing a pig. A steer you halter break. A lamb you can man handle. Neither of those works with a pig. So is it here is my pig. You have seen it Mr. Judge because I showed it to you. Extra points if you bring the judge the cold beverage of his choice.

Congratulations,

I never figured out how you go about showing a pig. A steer you halter break. A lamb you can man handle. Neither of those works with a pig. So is it here is my pig. You have seen it Mr. Judge because I showed it to you. Extra points if you bring the judge the cold beverage of his choice.
It's a heck of a lot more than that. Dalton has worked his tail feathers off getting his pig "broke" to drive. It takes a lot of work at home to teach them to turn on command, keep their head up, build endurance so they don't quit when they get tired. I showed steers and pigs are way harder to show right.

It's a heck of a lot more than that. Dalton has worked his tail feathers off getting his pig "broke" to drive. It takes a lot of work at home to teach them to turn on command, keep their head up, build endurance so they don't quit when they get tired. I showed steers and pigs are way harder to show right.
I knew there had to be more to it than I know. I have raised some pigs they seem to have a mind of their own.

He went out Friday and showed his pig to a great third place position in senior showmanship!! šŸ˜ He's a sophomore and was competing for the buckles with a ring full of seniors. Couldn't be more proud. Also love his competitive streak and he was just a bit ticked to miss a buckle by a single placement. He definitely gets that from me. I've been known to push myself a bunch.
Saturday he sold both pigs and did really well. I had both pigs sold prior to the show. But one of our amazing friends up the valley a ways wasn't having that. He just kept bidding against me and ended up with Dalton's second pig. Hard to beat friends like that šŸ˜( I spent the money that would of been going to Dalton and bought another pig from a kid, so it was a win/win)
Stockshow season for the H's is behind us now. We have a couple of sows to get AI'd in a few weeks. And then an great elk tag for him in SE Utah with his bow. It'll be an adventure for sure.

Congrats!! FFA was big in our school system back in the 80's & 90's, 2 of my 3 boys were in it and of course I was in the alumni :) We never did pigs on my place , watched them yougin's work them with a board 'bout 3ft x2ft and boy would them pigs sgueel. You woulda thought they were being lit on fire. Hats off to them FFA kids and 4-H too

Congratulations to him for sure!
I never showed anything in 4H or FFA, but Mr. FH did and so did our daughter.
She showed Market Steer and Replacement heifers.
She rode her 1200# steer at the fair before the sale, she let other kids ride him too.
He was a big, gentle polled Hereford steer she called Buddy. I won't go into what
happened when she sold that one. šŸ˜­
The next one was easier...

Latest posts