• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

strong loonie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin

Reaction score
You Canadians need to come down and buy real estate or hard assets of some sort.
---------

The Canadian dollar reached an all-time high Wednesday versus the US greenback, gaining on the US currency's recent weakness, as well as soaring demand for oil, gold and other commodities.
Overnight, the loonie, a sobriquet given to the Canadian dollar, was being traded overseas for more than 1.1000 US dollars, while the American dollar slipped to only 0.9091 Canadian dollars.

The Canadian currency had gained almost two cents in less than 24 hours, before retreating slightly to 1.0920 US dollars at 10:20 a.m. local time (1520 GMT).

Analysts pointed to skyrocketing oil and gold prices -- at more than 98 dollars per barrel and 845 dollars per ounce, respectively -- for the loonie's spectacular rise. Canada is a major exporter of both commodities.

As well, suggestions by China that it may diversify its foreign reserves caused a collapse in the US dollar Wednesday.

Since the beginning of this year, the Canadian dollar has increased 28 percent, and jumped 78 percent since 2002, when it was trading at a historic low of 61.79 US cents.

I'm trying, I'm trying! As soon as everything is caught up around here, we're coming down and we're going shopping! Hmm, what to buy, what to buy???

Shelly said:
I'm trying, I'm trying! As soon as everything is caught up around here, we're coming down and we're going shopping! Hmm, what to buy, what to buy???
Cowwssss :p

It looks like retailers in Canada are starting to put prices down,so maybe the shopping at home will be more appealing.

I sure like the idea of a holiday in Hawaii,with our dollar being par.....you in Shelly?

Oh, I'm sure I could be persuaded. :) Maybe we should ask Judith, too. Leave the guys at home, though. Yes?

Shelly said:
Oh, I'm sure I could be persuaded. :) Maybe we should ask Judith, too. Leave the guys at home, though. Yes?
YESSSSS :lol: Judy will go,and maybe Kola can come along just to get that wierd Southern humor aspect into the fold,will apply for the passport today :wink:

Mrs.Greg said:
Shelly said:
YESSSSS :lol: Judy will go,and maybe Kola can come along just to get that wierd Southern humor aspect into the fold,will apply for the passport today :wink:

Sure I'm in....I'll whip out the ' kini and get my tooth brush and let's go!!!

Red Robin said:
Just what Hawaii needs in the winter season, a bunch of drunk, red hat society old women. :lol: :p

You're just mad cause we didn't ask you!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok....so you don't get any of the pics..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey!!! I'm comming toooooo!!! What's this about wearing red hats??? Mrs. G have you seen my green kini?

All right mister... Put up yer dukes! I do not look 50 yet :) :p

Red Robin said:
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

Some of those little old ladies wear the cutest red hats-- but with Judith, Kola and Mrs. G-- I can just envision the little red hats and the pink " 'kini's" :shock: :p :wink: :lol:

RR, I'm thinkin I need to introduct you to the "Cowgirl" ( or in my case horse woman) handshake. Barney...come on now ....his heads to small AHAHAHAHAH

OT Pink and red just dont go together. whatever will we do!

Judith said:
Hey!!! I'm comming toooooo!!! What's this about wearing red hats??? Mrs. G have you seen my green kini?
Uhhhh,NO haven't seen your green kini,last I saw it,cowsences sis hand her hand on it :x

You Canadian chicks need to get ya some bronzer or get to the tanning booth before our road trip cause the glare off that white Canadian hide might burn out some retinas, cause aircraft to crash...all sorts of horrible stuff!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I can't speak for Shelly and Mrs. G ( cuz I was told they actually have sun from time to time, this is just rumor and yet to be confirmed) BUT even with bronzer on I will be blinding the odd person. :shock: :shock: The lovely shade of alabaster has caused perm. damage before :) Well I guess we will be stopping by Sask anyhow. I need to pick up the kini from Cowsenses'little sis and we need to grab my Eskies outfit from Northern on the way past :)

kolanuraven said:
You Canadian chicks need to get ya some bronzer or get to the tanning booth before our road trip cause the glare off that white Canadian hide might burn out some retinas, cause aircraft to crash...all sorts of horrible stuff!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you ladies are half as big as the swimsuit picture OT posted (in another thread) we might have to hire a crop duster to put on your suntan lotion. :wink:

have a cold one

lazy ace

Latest posts