• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sturgis, SD Pen of Three

Help Support Ranchers.net:

fulton

Reaction score
The 12th Annual Key City Pen of 3 will be held on Wed. Feb. 10th from 10:00am to 5:00pm. It will showcase yearling bulls and/or heifers. Cost of each pen is $150. If you are a producer and would like to enter your cattle, please PM me ASAP. Thank you! Also, for those of you in the area, please make it a point to stop by and have a look! There is also a farm and home show located inside the Sturgis Community Center.

We will pray for nice weather!

Kyle

well i guess that makes sense - i already live in my own little world. might as well set up a pen on mainstreet in lothair and allow older bulls. only there is no mainstreet. probably just bring on a blizzard anyways

I can always remember hearing about the rally in sturgis - never paid any attention to it. One year I bought pairs from a guy out of highmore and a good buddy of mine and I went back down to get them with his pot and we decided to go through sturgis just to see the town - only it was like the day or two before the rally was to start. we went down mainstreet with that truck and pot - mainstreet was all roped off, tents on every lawn, and people all over. we rolled down the windows and just slowly rolled through town. i would say 10 or so drunk girls pulled up their shirts and flashed us as we rolled through - my buddy was tuggin on his air horn and it was craaazy. we should have stopped.

It gets crazy there to. People headed that way either ridein a motorcycle or traylerin one. A bunch gased up in williston one time and this feller had a bike with a saddle on it and a big set of cow horn's on the front. But best of all, he had a crome, rabbit ears doublebaral sawedoff shot gun on his back with a bandeler full of shells. They flat take over daytona. And stay drunk the whole time.

fulton said:
The 12th Annual Key City Pen of 3 will be held on Wed. Feb. 10th from 10:00am to 5:00pm. It will showcase yearling bulls and/or heifers. Cost of each pen is $150. If you are a producer and would like to enter your cattle, please PM me ASAP. Thank you! Also, for those of you in the area, please make it a point to stop by and have a look! There is also a farm and home show located inside the Sturgis Community Center.

We will pray for nice weather!

Kyle

have it August 9th next year

The pen of three is over and I would just like to say thank you to all the people who organized the event. Pen #s were down a little but the weather was great(I would guess above freezing!) The crowd was good and response was positive to all pens. I think everyone was thankfull that we took time out of dealing with the snow to come out and show our cattle off.
Thanks again for a great event!

Now we have to work for 2 days and off to Valentine.

Thanks for the compliment but unfortunately I didn't remember the camera. I hope to take it with me on Sat but the weather doesn't sound as good. With a little luck I will make it and get some pics. If not I will just have to take some pics from around here.

Latest posts