• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

summer/fall photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justin

Reaction score
i haven't posted any pictures for quite some time, so i'm going to attempt to play catch up.. :wink:

Hadley and Jack doin what the do
Ranch2011178.jpg

pre-conditioning calves
Ranch2011218.jpg

looking over some cows that have spent the summer about 20 miles south of the ranch
Ranch2011226.jpg

Hayden taking a break to make a call :? :???:
Photo09111603.jpg

me and my co-pilot
Ranch2011209.jpg

CB looking on
Ranch2011213.jpg

riding with Hadley as she warms Jack up at a youth rodeo
Rodeo2011030.jpg

waiting our turn in the stick horse barrels
Rodeo2011007_crop.jpg

they get along most of the time :wink:
Photo014.jpg

Hadley had a pretty good summer considering she moved up an age group. it's always tough being the young one of the bunch.
Rodeo2011077.jpg

Summer2011289.jpg

the boy
Rodeo2011063.jpg

my wife started roping on this mare last summer and started hauling her this summer. they are getting along really good together.
Rodeo2011080.jpg

pulling a check :D
Rodeo2011079.jpg

little brother sending big sister off to her first day of school
Fall2011008.jpg

we've been working on several fencing projects this fall. after talking about it for 10 years, i finally got my auto-gate in on the drive way and new ranch entrance so the cows can graze a hay field that we haven't in the past.
Ranch2011234.jpg

Ranch2011228.jpg

:?
Photo10131056.jpg

we were able to do a little hunting so far this fall. the antelope numbers are way down but we did manage to find on pretty nice buck
Fall2011015.jpg

that's all for now.... :)

Looks like you have been busy. When you get done with all your projects come on out and you can finish mine :D .

Great pictures, sure are cute kids! I thought little brother was getting Jack and she got a new horse? Did it not work out?

Love the ground blind for Hayden! We call a post-hole a west desert playpen! :D Looks like you have been busy. Those kids are sure cute. Glad you guys are doing good. Missed ya around here!

It looks like you and your family had a fantastic summer :D . One complaint, we need more pics of those nice calves :wink: . I agree with FH, your cows are in great shape. Thanks for the update.

Nicky said:
Great pictures, sure are cute kids! I thought little brother was getting Jack and she got a new horse? Did it not work out?

that's still the plan. we bought my daughter a gray horse last spring, but we ended up taking him back. the horse just wasn't as kid broke as i was expecting. when we went and looked at him, my daughter rode him and got along really well. but when we got him home and in some big, open country the horse about lost his mind.(thankfully i took him on his first trip). but we did find another one early this summer that she's been getting along with pretty good. we just figured they needed the summer practicing together before we went to any rodeos. not sure why she was riding Jack in the picture i posted, she probably just missed him. :wink:

Wonderful pictures, Justin. Looks like everthing and everyone are in great shape, and that y'all have everything well under control. Thanks for catching us up on your family happenings.

What pictures! Like the phone call real well as well as some others. How did he do on the barrels? :D Sure reminds me of a Hayden I know. Your wifes bay reminds me of a bay mare I used to ride. She would put you on a steer or calf right now, then step left & give you a perfect shot, but you better not miss, cause that was it. Notice a pup in the last picture too. Thanks, Justin.

thanks for the comments everyone.

Shortgrass..as for the pup, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :wink:

Too bad about the grey, I remember I liked him when you posted the pics. Good that you found out in time! We better see a picture of her on the new horse and Hayden on Jack. Oh and one of the pup if it is still around.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Great set of pictures. :D

That little guy cracks me up every time I see him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too. The hot dog picture a couple years back still comes to mind fairly regular. :D

Thanks for the photos Justin. How did you make out for feed after the hailstorm?

Nicky said:
How is your pup Shortgrass?

It seemed like a good idea at the time :lol: :lol: .

Ah, we like her real well, but she is all puppy. I believe she must have some "junk yard dog" breeding from the looks of the front step :?: Yep I'm sure of it :nod:.

Wow, your little one on the phone- that's a great shot! You've got heaven on earth!

Latest posts