• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday and Monday, October 9 and 10, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Turkeysinthefog.jpg

Turkeys in the fog
Seekingsanctuary.jpg

Seeking sanctuary
AcouplephotographersfromNewYork.jpg

A couple photographers from New York who were lamenting the fog
Thisguy.jpg

This guy looks more from New York than the others.
Longtimefriendandfellowgraduatefrom1970.jpg

Longtime friend and fellow graduate of Gordon High School, class of 1970.
Fallcalvesinthepasture.jpg

Fall calves in the pasture
Theygotcleanedupwiththeweekendrains.jpg

They got all washed and shined up from the week-end rainstorms.
Sparkysnewestknife.jpg

Sparky's newest knife
Itsprettysharp.jpg

It's pretty sharp.
Thehandleisratherfancy.jpg

The handle is quite fancy.
SideBtheVbrandisforVulcanWelding.jpg

Side B. The V brand is for Vulcan Welding.
DoingtheTessTickleTwo-Step.jpg

Doing the Tess Tickle Two-Step
Theothersarealsotryingtolearnthedance.jpg

Others also trying to learn the new dance
Preconditioningourlastbunchofcalves.jpg

Preconditioning our last bunch of calves
Itwasabeautifulshirtsleevedayforthejob.jpg

It was a beautiful shirt sleeve day for the job.
Someantelopehuntersstoppedbytosayhi.jpg

Some antelope hunters stopped by to say hi.
Donefortheday.jpg

Done for the day
Stringingoutbythelightofthemoon.jpg

Stringing out by the light of the moon
Andbackouttothepasture.jpg

And back out to the pasture.

You have had quite an assortment of visitors. :D

I like Sparky's new knife. :D

My Dad was just over and he had been talking to his cousin out on Vancouver Island and it sounds like she plays bridge with a cousin of yours. Richard O's sister?

Big Muddy rancher said:
You have had quite an assortment of visitors. :D

I like Sparky's new knife. :D

My Dad was just over and he had been talking to his cousin out on Vancouver Island and it sounds like she plays bridge with a cousin of yours. Richard O's sister?

That would be Betty. Small world, isn't it? :wink:

lefty said:
looks like that fancy knife laid in the ground for some time in its life ?

It is made from a buzz saw blade. Perhaps the blade lay on the ground for many years before Sparky acquired it.

Soapweed said:
lefty said:
looks like that fancy knife laid in the ground for some time in its life ?

It is made from a buzz saw blade. Perhaps the blade lay on the ground for many years before Sparky acquired it.

Last week Sparky showed the new knife to me in his shop. The "pitted" detailing was added to the blade on purpose. I think he told me he hammered it to get that effect. There is quite a process in producing a blade like this and anyone who works in metal would fully appreciate that.

Those chickens look like they are enjoying some oysters. It is kind of fun to receive visitors for around the world. It is part of our job to educate the generations removed folks on the planet. A former VP of Heston Corp who grew up a mile down the road and went to school at Pleasant Plains School which I am now the custodian of (on my property), hired a bus and my dad as a tour guide this summer to bring his childhood to his family. They were from all over. Every year we get a few from as far away as Europe and Australia to as close as the nearest town.

The weekend was pretty wet around here too, got some nice rains though to settle all the dust since we had weaned. So what were the New Yorkers doing at your place? Were they totally lost??? ha ha...

Jassy said:
The weekend was pretty wet around here too, got some nice rains though to settle all the dust since we had weaned. So what were the New Yorkers doing at your place? Were they totally lost??? ha ha...

One of them has known my dad for many years. He is a world traveler and remarkable photographer. Here is his website.

http://andrewlmoore.com/view_project.php?project_id=12

The other young man is studying under Andrew's tutelage.

interesting knife,
nice looking calves,
I always like seeing turkey....they don't stick around long it seems, once they see you
You get more vistors living way out where you than I get living in a really populated area :D
Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts