• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Suuuurrrre Quiet!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Whether it's new grandkids, political meetings, bull sales, calvy heifers or indignant spouses jealous of computer time it has sure been quiet on here lately.

I do know that I'm just as guilty as most. :oops:

activity on here directly relates to how cold and snowy it is outside

lot more activity week and a half ago when it was -30,40,50........

cabin fever i guess

My wife has been doing taxes but thats done now. Our winter has been so nice I spend most of it out doors and when I come in I'm tired.

fencing is my excuse...in February :? it'll be nice a have a few of these projects out of the way come spring time though.

Pretty nice for working outdoors this winter so less time sitting inside looking out at the snowbanks! Cutting firewood these days with no snow to wade through makes the job seem like half a job!

Big Muddy rancher said:
I'm trying to get a couple of pictures loaded to post. :D

Hmmmmm, all that money on schoolin and caint figger out how to post a damned picture :roll:
good luck :D

burnt said:
Pretty nice for working outdoors this winter so less time sitting inside looking out at the snowbanks! Cutting firewood these days with no snow to wade through makes the job seem like half a job!

sooo.. able to cut twice as much :wink: :lol: :lol:

do you burn a lot of wood burnt?

hayguy said:
burnt said:

sooo.. able to cut twice as much :wink: :lol: :lol:

do you burn a lot of wood burnt?

At this stage of the game I'm happy to cut half as much in twice the time! :lol:

We burn about 25 cords (16" wood) in a winter and the oil burner gets almost no use at all - why would it when we have acres of hardwoods? And we find it gives off the best heat if we use it in the unburnt stage. . . :wink:

I cut a bit to sell as well but it's not the best paying job on the farm. We have Old Order Mennonites not too far from here who sell firewood and don't seem to expect much for the time they spend with a crosscut or buck saw. :roll: Or color me lazy. :?

Latest posts