• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

sweetbasil, Where’d you go? ****************

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Loin

Reaction score
sweetbasil, Where'd you go? ****************

Re:
an you tell me what SP represents?
Can you tell me what this equation defines?
C + P = SP
C= cost
P = profit
SP = ? ?

Your answer ( sale price )was correct. Now I know you fully understand the equation, but you didn't answer this one.

"Can you tell me what this equation ( C + P = SP ) defines?"
This should have been the first thing you should have learned before entering into understanding LP.

SL

OK, it looks like we lost sweetbasil,.

Re:
"Can you tell me what this equation ( C + P = SP ) defines?"
A. In the largest sense it defines " Capitalism".
In a smaller sense it is what every mom and pop and multi-billion dollar corporation
Subscribe to under penalty of law if they do not.

Now if you understand that very basic formula you will understand that corporation do NOT pay taxes. They simply collect taxes for the federal government from you, the purchaser, when you pay the "sale price" of everything you buy.
Taxes of any kind are a "cost" item for any and all businesses.

Corporate taxes are nothing more then hidden ( from those who actually pay them ) federal taxes.
IMO only an idiot would want to force corporations to collect more taxes from themselves and hand them over to the federal government.

Now if these protesters get what they want, guess who will end up paying for it??

SL

For those of you who have an interest in this subject, there is one more fact you need to understand, and that is the " Law Of Supply And Demand ", which controls SP (sale price ).

Law Of Supply And Demand
What Does Law Of Supply And Demand Mean?
A theory explaining the interaction between the supply of a resource and the demand for that resource. The law of supply and demand defines the effect that the availability of a particular product and the desire (or demand) for that product has on price. Generally, if there is a low supply and a high demand, the price will be high. In contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be.
Source: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/law-of-supply-demand.asp#axzz1e58vfRYs

Now if you understand ( C + P = SP ) and the Law Of Supply And Demand which controls SP. you are well on your way to being a critical thinker.

With this knowledge you can predict the future and become rich, even in the cattle business.
SL

Hey boys, why don't you take your toys and go play in another sandbox.
FYI, by the number of views, there are some people out there interesting in learning from someone who has been there and done that.
And besides, you are just making yourself look foolish.
Have a nice night
SL

Really your telling LONG time posters to leave? Excuss me who gave you that authority?
as for the number of posters let me clue you in on that...everytime YOU check, it adds and some on here are just waiting on you to expose yourself.
As for wanting to learn from you...we dont know you have in fact been there done that...all we have is your bragging. You expect others to tell you who they are but you never come out and tell us who you are...and i am not talking about your smart a$$ comments or pulling chains.
Trust me you aint all that and the one who anyone would go to for advice.

For those of you who are here to attempt to learn something, I suggest you ignore the proctologist who are only here to give anal exams to everyone who holds an opposing point of view.
Forgive them ,as they know not what they do.

Now to get back to the issue at hand. "Linear Programming".

Here is the post that started this discussion.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:55 pm
http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54840&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=24

Here is my random thought....
I would like to think that most humans agree that math is essential in our everyday life... Having said that, I have the following questions for you all:

When you are planning on investing in let say, two tractors, how do you quantify that it is a good investment at that time? Do you use any type of analysis like a benefit cost analysis (calculate the internal rate of return, NPV) to help you in your decision process?

Another random question, do you want your cattle to be at a particular weight by the time you sell? I believe you could use Linear Programming tools to come up with a yearly plan that can help you determine exact quantities you would need to feed you cows to get them to a particular weight (with x number of constraints) and help you reduce costs. I know that corporations use these tools for their manufacturing plans among other things, why couldn't this be applied to your operations?

I wish I could attach a project using linear programming that I did for one of my classes for you to read about it, and maybe this type of analysis could be beneficial to you.
Linear Programming defined: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/linear-programming.html

A word of caution:
When Linear Programming, or any other theory, comes in conflict with Capitalism, capitalism will always win and linear programming etc will always lose.
History has proven that.
If you doubt it, how do you explain Americans accomplishing in about 200 years what the rest of the world was incapable of accomplishing in over 2,000 years?
Here are some of America's best examples of failed non capitalistic programs.

Social Security
US Dept of housing and urban development
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Amtrak
and now Ethanol to mention a few.

All of which have cost the American taxpayers billions upon billions of dollars with no return on our investment and no end in sight.
SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts