• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

T for Texas (pics)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

The first picture is what we call a leaf hopper. We have tons of them in the river bottom in the eary spring. My wife and I drove about the same way you drove when we left Amarillo one year. Hereford Texas has more beef cattle than any one spot than any were world I always hear. We took a visit of the Hereford feed yards when we was there. Was the sheep feed yard in Lamb Co. South of Hereford Texas? I always like the Panhandle just not the wind and cold. :wink:

I think the lamb feed yard was south of Hereford Texas. All those towns sort of run together in my memory bank now.

The worst part of our whole trip was the air conditioner didn't work very well in our motel room. My wife and I thought we were going to die that night.

When we got back home at around mid-night it was 50 degrees here. Felt good.

You should have waved as you passed right past my house LOL
Did you get a pic of the huge herford they have int he center of town?

Yall the wiond has been really nice this past week. just a slight breeze and I mean slight breeze. Been getting a good bit of rain at night and it has only been in the mid 80s
Everything is greening up so pretty.
Maybe NW panhandle is growing on me LOL

Denny said:
I'd have brought the sign home if I were a Hereford man.

when we went through there last summer, I begged my wife to let me steal the sign..... said if I did SHE would call the law!

jigs said:
Denny said:
I'd have brought the sign home if I were a Hereford man.

when we went through there last summer, I begged my wife to let me steal the sign..... said if I did SHE would call the law!

Another advantage of Angus is that raisers of these beautiful black bovines are not even tempted to steal the population sign of the town of Hereford, Texas. :wink: :)

This reminds me of a story I heard about a colorful character of the past in this neck of the woods. "Hank" was in a local watering hole tipping a few, and some of his cronies asked how things were going with him. He answered that he was on his way to Oklahoma to attend a Jim Shoulders bucking horse school. His buddies laughed and teased, "Aw Hank, you know you're not going to Oklahoma to any bucking horse school." "Yes I am," came the reply.

A week went by, and Hank stopped in at the same bar again. Some of the usual crowd was on hand to heckle Hank that he'd sure never been to Jim Shoulders' bucking horse school. "Oh yes I have," said Hank. "Come outside and I'll prove it." Everyone tromped out to the parking lot. In the back of Hank's pickup were several population signs between northern Nebraska and Jim Shoulders' town of Henryetta, Oklahoma. Whether or not Hank rode any bucking horses after he got there was anyone's guess. :wink: :)

Jigs, you could have had your wife take a photo of you hugging the Hereford sign. That would have been a good keepsake. :wink:

Lookin at a house......and actually it was a two horse town yesterday......(there was a truck n trailer parked at the store with two horses in it LOL) Course...they mighta been just passin thru. :wink:

Ned Jr. said:
Carter said:
who's bulls did you look at?? i live in brownwood, well blanket which is right outside of brownwood.

Blanket is where I actually went to look at the bull. If you know of a Hereford breeder in Blanket you can probably figure out where I went :D .

If it is the one I know, the country on your left from the FM road to his turn on his county road is me. And if you looked north from his turn you could see our old #2 dairy. He lives about 2miles from my folks and the home place. Did you take one back??

Carter said:
Ned Jr. said:
Carter said:
who's bulls did you look at?? i live in brownwood, well blanket which is right outside of brownwood.

Blanket is where I actually went to look at the bull. If you know of a Hereford breeder in Blanket you can probably figure out where I went :D .

If it is the one I know, the country on your left from the FM road to his turn on his county road is me. And if you looked north from his turn you could see our old #2 dairy. He lives about 2miles from my folks and the home place. Did you take one back??

That amazes me to find someone on here from Blanket. :D Probably the same guy, he lives on CR 295. I didn't bring anything home but I plan to next spring. Sounds like I may be going to Blanket regularly for the next few years. Maybe we can meet sometime.

Ned Jr. said:
Carter said:
Ned Jr. said:

That amazes me to find someone on here from Blanket. :D Probably the same guy, he lives on CR 295. I didn't bring anything home but I plan to next spring. Sounds like I may be going to Blanket regularly for the next few years. Maybe we can meet sometime.

Same guy, give me a holler next time and we will go eat a steak and visit!!

Latest posts