• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tam- No sandwiches

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Tam I was just reading over the aphis regs for border crossing under the March 7 rule.....Still says no personal food containing meat- you'll have to leave those roast sandwiches up north.......Also no dogfood.......

Oldtimer said:
Tam I was just reading over the aphis regs for border crossing under the March 7 rule.....Still says no personal food containing meat- you'll have to leave those roast sandwiches up north.......Also no dogfood.......

IM just wondering if they will make Miss Tam get a green card to cross the border like they do those coming across from Mexico.........good luck

R-Calf said:
HAY MAKER said:
Oldtimer said:

IM just wondering if they will make Miss Tam get a green card to cross the border like they do those coming across from Mexico.........good luck

What good would a green card do? I thought they had to be UTM?

What about it MISS TAM are you gonna meet the UTM rule?............good luck

OT, I heard lots of horror stories about lunches etc. shortly after the first BSE cow in'03. Some guys just south of me put crop in on both sides of the border.Some Canucks on your side and some Americans on my side.
When they crossed the border to go to their field in the morning their lunches would be searched and meat products not allowed across etc.
I realize that the rules need to be followed, but these were just farmers packing a lunch!!!
Just seemed a little overboard to me. I suppose they all had to pack peanut butter and jelly for a while!!! :lol:

TimH said:
OT, I heard lots of horror stories about lunches etc. shortly after the first BSE cow in'03. Some guys just south of me put crop in on both sides of the border.Some Canucks on your side and some Americans on my side.
When they crossed the border to go to their field in the morning their lunches would be searched and meat products not allowed across etc.
I realize that the rules need to be followed, but these were just farmers packing a lunch!!!
Just seemed a little overboard to me. I suppose they all had to pack peanut butter and jelly for a while!!! :lol:

You've got to be kidding! That's unreal! That's just carrying things a little too far.

TimH said:

I'm not sure if we'll ever see the old days again on the border-- 911 changed a lot of it... Used to be that the guys that farmed on both sides just went across and kept on farming-- now I guess they have to run around and go thru the ports when they are open- travel 40-50 miles to get to a field a mile away....We used to go 10-20 miles into Canada trailing drug smugglers or helping fight a prairie fire- then just come back to the port and tell them we'd been there--- Don't think I'd try that now...Everything is a lot more serious now......

Not bad nebrusker you almost showed a bit of wit and repartee there-a whole sentence without a swear word-you get a nice shiny gold star.

THeres been better men than Nebrusker hung in Canada. Heard the gene pool is so shallow in Nebruskers family that if you jump in you wont even get the soles of shoes wet!
I agree well keep the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and you can keep the @sshole from Nebraska!

Sorry I was away for a couple of days and just got home today. Oldtimer I can't believe that rule, it is the dumbest part of the whole damn thing what kind of danger is there in a personal sandwich if the person has eaten the same meat in Canada will he get sicker if he eats his sandwich in the US. :roll:

Haymaker I don't need a green card to get into the US as I have a birth certificate that gets me in. I was born in the USA.
And Not to many wifes of 25 years and mothers of three adult children make it into the UTY catagory let alone the UTM catagory. :p

Shelly it is true about the lunches, trucker hauling to the US have had their lunch taken at the US customs and I have been personally asked if I had ANY beef in the car many times. :?

Tam said:
Sorry I was away for a couple of days and just got home today. Oldtimer I can't believe that rule, it is the dumbest part of the whole damn thing what kind of danger is there in a personal sandwich if the person has eaten the same meat in Canada will he get sicker if he eats his sandwich in the US. :roll:

Tam- will agree it sounds kind of dumb-- but the way I read the thinking behind it was that it might be OTM BSE infected meat and that you might give it to a US citizen or feed it to his cow............

Not that we grow oranges commercially here, but if you try to cross the border with USA oranges............in the garbage they go.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. does that count on the USA jerky too.

Marvelous about trade, not fair trade, just the USA way. Anybody got a sandbox and want to play.

CA :twisted:

canadian angus said:
Not that we grow oranges commercially here, but if you try to cross the border with USA oranges............in the garbage they go.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. does that count on the USA jerky too.

Marvelous about trade, not fair trade, just the USA way. Anybody got a sandbox and want to play.

CA :twisted:

Can tell you don't know much about borders. Food and agriculture items are always a top priority on most international borders. Always have been when I traveled south. Case in point, a little raw meat smuggled into England from SE Asia,(no big deal right?), after affect, huge FMD outbreak.
Trade and free trade is one thing, border security and bio security is another. Or does Canada wave everybody thru that gets off a plane from anywhere in the world?

Latest posts