• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

TawnyLaRae

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I was looking at your pics(very nice) but was wondering in the pic with you on the horse with the mechanical hackamore how do you have any control. The idea of the mechanics is to tighten the curb or chin strap when the shanks are pulled. Your shanks are straight back and your chin strap is not tight. Not that you should need to pull real tight but you should have you equipment properly adjusted. Just wanting to help. I've been ranching my whole life and don't want to see avoidable accidents.

I don't see how mine is any different from the horse at the bottom? Anyway, she is the only horse I use it on, She's 19 years old - very gentle. I seem to have more than enough control when I ride her.

http://www.lesliedesmond.com/articles/us/horse11-1.asp

Tawny I wasn't going to reply to you but I want you to understand I don't care what you can ride your horse with. A twine around the neck is fine if that's what she will work with.Great that you can but what I was pointing out was that your hackamore was not properly adjusted.I didn't know the horse or you but I feel the equipment should be used correctly or some day a accident that could have been avoided could happen.

Latest posts