• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texans, would you like some moisture?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
2 inches of rain yesterday and woke up to this. Haying could just be over for this year.
P9230586.jpg

Bella Coola is flooded and roads washed out again.

burnt said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Got everything baled that you had cut?

We have nothing down but there are 170 bales not yarded yet that may be a challenge to get off the meadow. Have 3-500 still standing. May get some high spots done yet. We did finish Morrison Meadow place and have more hay than everything made last year.

rushing thing's a bit aren't you Santa?

in all seriousness i think that your place and Jodywy's would be great places to SUMMER cattle and move them to someplace a little more hospitable for the 9 months of winter :lol:

it is a challenge though :wink:

little did i realize that when you said MUCK boots all year that you meant it :lol:

Faster horses said:
gcreek, didn't you get snow just about this same time last year? :???:

Seems like it snowed there right after we left, but I'm not sure.

It was 90 degrees F in Buffalo, Wyoming today. Too hot.

It was close, Bella Coola was flooded about a week earlier and way worse.
Looks like a lot of the repairs they completed last spring will go down the river again this year.
Oh well, the weather gave me time to help C. Thompson and his son pack a moose out of the bush today. I get a real kick out of helping fellas that actually work for their moose and seeing the looks on the faces of the pedigreed roadhunters when they find out another one has been snatched from under their noses. :lol:

Not looking forward the the white stuff...it's usually not too far off in this country. 2 years ago we woke to an incredible 18 inches of snow on October 13th. I asked my husband the night before how much snow we had to get in order to have to feed our cows and calves the following day. He jokingly said 18 inches. We didn't feed the cows. Instead we rode our snowmobiles all over our forest allotment to track the remaining cows/calves and bulls that hadn't made it home yet. Made for easy tracking! I hope the snow melts fast for ya and holds off for a while...how far from you was the book Grass Beyond the Mountains wrote about? Happy melting!

Wyoming Wind said:
Not looking forward the the white stuff...it's usually not too far off in this country. 2 years ago we woke to an incredible 18 inches of snow on October 13th. I asked my husband the night before how much snow we had to get in order to have to feed our cows and calves the following day. He jokingly said 18 inches. We didn't feed the cows. Instead we rode our snowmobiles all over our forest allotment to track the remaining cows/calves and bulls that hadn't made it home yet. Made for easy tracking! I hope the snow melts fast for ya and holds off for a while...how far from you was the book Grass Beyond the Mountains wrote about? Happy melting!

We live not far from Anahim Lake. The Home Ranch is about 100 air miles north of us. I met or knew a lot of the local charachters that were in the book when I came here in 1979. My wife was raised here from 3 mos. old and knew most of them well.
Snow is mostly gone today, sure took down a lot of aspens that still have their leaves on. High winds forecast tonight with another band of rain following tommorow.

gcreekrch said:
2 inches of rain yesterday and woke up to this. Haying could just be over for this year.
P9230586.jpg

Bella Coola is flooded and roads washed out again.

Holy sheeet !! I just hate that for you guys, wtheck . Sorry Gc, that is not at all what you should be getting after the non existing summer you have had . :(

WOW! You just motivated me to kick the wood cutting operation at my place up a notch! Hope you get better weather and get the last hay in the yard. Snowshoeing in September is NUTS!!! :shock:

Honestly, at this point, I'd take a whole winter of blizzard snows to get some moisture. Our land is dying.

nortexsook said:
Honestly, at this point, I'd take a whole winter of blizzard snows to get some moisture. Our land is dying.

You got that right I would even take the badest storm from the gulf just to get some water. Every thing we have can be build back but the trees and grass is a little hard to deal with.

Latest posts