• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas couple seeking work on ranch as cooks or caretakers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher1

Reaction score
Ranch couple seeking work on ranch in Texas as cooks, caretakers or all around ranchhands. We have over 20 yrs experience withcattle and horses. We are honest, dependable, hardworking. Non drinkers, and nonsmokers..no drugs.... We need to move by early Sept... call us at 903-203-8528 We need housing and salary... email is [email protected] Robert and Katie

I cannot offer you a job but only a little story on "my how times have changed or have they?".

My father - in- law just passed away. He left home and came to Alberta to cowboy. We heard a story about how he was phoning one ranch to see if they were hiring...back in the days of party lines...and a neighbor was "rubbering" and heard this, she cuts in and tells him of another ranch looking for calving help. He spent about 10 years on that ranch and my mother-in-law was a cook for other ranches that he worked on.

Seems to me that we have in a way come full circle. We don't have party lines on our phones, but we have the internet message boards that in effect are the modern day party line!

Good luck on your search for a cowboyin job....It is the life that few get to live and enjoy!

Stav Ranch

Last I knew Al Davis was in charge at the OLO. Pretty country, bring your overshoes... in case of an emergency. Or spring lately.

Latest posts