• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond

Reaction score
I am watching the news and they say parts of Texas got 6" of rain this weekend. Anyone on here get any?

We got about .6 just north of Lubbock which brings our total for the year to about 3.2 inches and 4 inches since last August. But it will rain here one of these days, just not sure when.

Travis

We got 6". The tank (pond) we had just reworked filled 2/3 full. Some rain makes you feel pretty smart, sometimes.

We received 5.8" this past Sunday. Mid Sept we received right at 6" in a 2 day rain, so we have been pretty blessed in the immediate vicinity.

Our tanks are full again, and water was running thru the creeks.

We got 2.2" just south of Fort Worth. There are puddles in the ponds but that's better than completely dry like they were. We planted about 150 of wheat and oat pastures about 2 weeks ago. This rain should get that going.

Lots of speculation in our part of the county that rain in Texas and Oklahoma would help wheat pasture and trigger the feeder calf market.

Thanks, I've been in the sale barn every Thursday since the last week of August and the cattle I have been buying keep creeping up each week.

Faster horses said:
Just got a call from a friend of ours that is an order buyer from
Iowa. He needs lightweight black calves........maybe this is why.
He'll be here tomorrow, I'll ask him.

Soon enough he'll be buying purple ones if he can get his hands on them. The choosey days are about over.........

No rain here. Looks like the northern part of East Texas pretty much missed out on it. Glad everybody else got some.

like I said, soon enough, if orders can get filled, they will get filled with what is available and the buyer won't be able to specify this or that............

it's coming.....

nortexsook said:
like I said, soon enough, if orders can get filled, they will get filled with what is available and the buyer won't be able to specify this or that............

it's coming.....

I think the buyer can specify whatever he wants. If what he
wants is priced at a premium, he can choose to pay it, or
buy something else. Supply and demand....

Theres all kinds of unsold straight black calves here.No buyers been around hardly at all.

Latest posts