• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas to Wyoming

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowdog

Reaction score
Finally got moved and settled in. First moved to Saratoga Wy for month then ranch decided they needed me in Baggs WY. So here we are. They sure do work Cattle diff up here then in Texas. Don't know if I'll evevr get use to troting cows when your moving them over a distants.

cowdog said:
Finally got moved and settled in. First moved to Saratoga Wy for month then ranch decided they needed me in Baggs WY. So here we are. They sure do work Cattle diff up here then in Texas. Don't know if I'll evevr get use to troting cows when your moving them over a distants.

:shock: Trotting cows over a distance? I hope you don't think
everyone does it like that.

I hope you enjoy your new job and the country. I've been to
Saratoga, but never to Baggs. Is it similar country? Did you get
snow last night?

Good luck!

Welcome to Wyoming! And as FH says, we don't all move them at a run...but we do try to move them while it's cool out! A nice cool 16 degrees right now; and i'm glad we don't have any to move today :) Nice people down there in Baggs, hope you enjoy your new area!

No we did'nt get any snow last night all stayed south of us. I know ever one don't move cows like that. We were moving about 140hd couple weeks ago bout 12miles they wanted to push them real hard and they were scattering all over the place. I knew what was going to happen bout halfway they layed down and would'nt budge. Thought it was kind of funny but they sign the pay chk so do like they want.

cowdog said:
No we did'nt get any snow last night all stayed south of us. I know ever one don't move cows like that. We were moving about 140hd couple weeks ago bout 12miles they wanted to push them real hard and they were scattering all over the place. I knew what was going to happen bout halfway they layed down and would'nt budge. Thought it was kind of funny but they sign the pay chk so do like they want.

:nod:

:help: :stop: :cowboy: :gag: :roll:

I was in a horse show 1x pulling 3 harrows with 3 abreast. One of the mares had a colt tied at her side.

The id10t judge says "trot". I just looked at her as I walked by & said you want me to back up next?

Like you say...it's their cows.

Latest posts