• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thank you Isaac

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond

Reaction score
Well the storm formerly known as Isaac has made it here and dumped 1.7" so far. Rain chances last through the weekend.

Wound up with 2.85" we were very very fortunate. This was a 36 hour soaker rain and very little ran off. Rainfall amounts varied around but as a rule most got an inch in our area. Tip of the hat to the man upstairs we sure appreciate this one!

Great to hear, 4Diamond!

RA was/is fortunate!...still raining out there...started here later I believe. What I like about this rain is that I was already green again everywhere!...just within the last few days before this rain. In my last thread of pictures I have a picture of me bringing in a sick cow...that was on 8/19....pretty brown.....yesterday morning before the rain came, I took a few hundred pictures....here's one that shows that same hill from a different angle and the grass greening up(hay ground pasture)....maybe doesn't look as green in the pic as in person....lots of sun glare that morning....so I am real happy and this rain should just help that much more! Thanks for wondering, Faster horses!
9f755d6b.jpg

Sorry for what the folks down south had to go thru with Isaac, but still darn grateful for the rain. We got almost 4 inches! And in keeping with Murphy's Law, some of the cattle got out last night so we got to "fully enjoy" the wind and the rain getting them back in at 10:30 pm.

2.85" here. 80 miles NW of Springfield. Biggest rain we've had at one time since April.

3.75 in NC MO total, thank the good Lord. Creek not running today. but sure got some much needed h20 in ponds.

Update 3.5" :D here in swmo. We had more rain in August than Mid April-July. It is green again and things are growing. As stated before thank GOD

2/10's from Isaac but we had 1.7" the week before and an 1" three weeks ago.
We need a lot more those rains didn't help the ponds at all. :(

ousoonerfan22 said:
2/10's from Isaac but we had 1.7" the week before and an 1" three weeks ago.
We need a lot more those rains didn't help the ponds at all. :(

So true we had an amazing rain but it did little for ponds and streams. Maybe end on this week we can get our toad strangler.

Latest posts