• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Apocalypse

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Money and Oil?

What a ridiculous claim?

We have never seen higher gas prices SO HOW CAN IT BE ABOUT OIL?

The war is costing us a fortune SO HOW CAN IT BE ABOUT MONEY?

Both arguments are absolutely ridiculous!

This is about terrorism, pure and simple. My brother-in-law showed me many pictures of all the munition storage areas that Saddam had that they had to destroy.

What part of Iraq invading Kuwait did you not understand?

WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET RANDY ?????

There is a definite link between Bin Laden and Saddam Husein and that link is that they both support terrorism. Saddam used terrorism against his own people.

How can you be so blind randy?

~SH~

rkaiser- You are right- their were no direct connections between the 9-11 terrorists and Saddam....But Saddam definitely was funding terrorists around the world- outright paying rewards to families of suicide bombers...Most of which was actions against Israel...

I still believe one reason we took Saddam out was that it was getting to the point where we couldn't contain the Israelis- if we didn't act they were going to-- which would probably have ignited a much larger scale Muslim war which would include many of the Muslim nations....And by our committments and promises to Israel, we would have been right in the middle of it anyway- but it would have been much worse.....

Who the hell are you paying for your oil SH. Is Iraq getting your cash, I don't think so.

Oh my God OT, not a muslim war. The middle east has been at war since the beginning of the ability of man to go to war. Will it ever end? Not a chance. Will America prove to be the hero that stops war in the middle east? Not a chance. Will the greed brought on by Oil in the region perpetuate war? Definately.

Why is America in the middle east and not in Africa you guys, if this is all about peace and love and understanding. I think you guys should be the ones lighting the candles with your talk of peace, democracy and the spreading of the word of America's God.

There is one reason and one reason only for America to be in the middle east. To insure a supply of Black Gold for the homelands appetite. And a bit of ironic fear of the potential for a disaster like the one at Hiroshima.

Yes Canada is a vulnerable nation, but obviously no more vulnerable against single human attack than America.

I ask again, is the policy of the Bush administration in the middle east helping to destroy the threat of one man taking out another building full of civilians in New York, or Toronto, or London?

rkaiser said:
Who the hell are you paying for your oil SH. Is Iraq getting your cash, I don't think so.

Oh my God OT, not a muslim war. The middle east has been at war since the beginning of the ability of man to go to war. Will it ever end? Not a chance. Will America prove to be the hero that stops war in the middle east? Not a chance. Will the greed brought on by Oil in the region perpetuate war? Definately.

Why is America in the middle east and not in Africa you guys, if this is all about peace and love and understanding. I think you guys should be the ones lighting the candles with your talk of peace, democracy and the spreading of the word of America's God.

There is one reason and one reason only for America to be in the middle east. To insure a supply of Black Gold for the homelands appetite. And a bit of ironic fear of the potential for a disaster like the one at Hiroshima.

Yes Canada is a vulnerable nation, but obviously no more vulnerable against single human attack than America.

I ask again, is the policy of the Bush administration in the middle east helping to destroy the threat of one man taking out another building full of civilians in New York, or Toronto, or London?

But 1000 years ago you didn't have a superpower which had guaranteed Israels right to exist and promised to defend them......

~SH~ said:
Money and Oil?

What a ridiculous claim?

We have never seen higher gas prices SO HOW CAN IT BE ABOUT OIL?

The war is costing us a fortune SO HOW CAN IT BE ABOUT MONEY?

Both arguments are absolutely ridiculous!

This is about terrorism, pure and simple. My brother-in-law showed me many pictures of all the munition storage areas that Saddam had that they had to destroy.

What part of Iraq invading Kuwait did you not understand?

WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET RANDY ?????

There is a definite link between Bin Laden and Saddam Husein and that link is that they both support terrorism. Saddam used terrorism against his own people.

How can you be so blind randy?

~SH~

Higher oil prices were not what they thought they would get. In the long run, they will probably stabilize if some sense is ever made out of this. But higher prices is what they got. It wasn't part of the plan.

As for the money, if you really want to do something as badly as some in power wanted to take out Saddam, you will do it no matter what the cost. There are people making a lot of money over this whole thing. A lot of money.

For instance there are logging companies from Minnesota up here right now buying standing poplar trees, lots and lots of them, and hauling them home to make OSB board to ship directly to Iraq. Blow it up, then build it back again. As long as there have been wars, there have been those who made fortunes because of them. Not for all, but for some, this is about money.

The sad thing is that it's the soldiers and their families, who are NOT making money, and who in their hearts feel that they are over there for all the right reasons, who are paying the price. It's enough to break your heart. When the Cheney and Bush families send their children over to fight along with the boys from the poor neighbourhoods, then we will perhaps not doubt their personal intentions. Until they do, as far as I'm concerned this is about oil and money.

For instance, look at the Saudi's. This is a country that has public beheadings. This is the country that produced Osama. Yours is the country that taught him how to fight. The Saudi's have also produced as many terrorists as any country has. The Sept 11 bunch for a start. As well as more too numerous to count. They have also financed terrorists. You will never hear that on your local news, but outside your borders it does make the news. Don't even get me started on the joys of being a Saudi woman. :shock:

How come no one is talking about invading Saudi Arabia? MMM????

As for the Kuwait thing? If there was no oil if Kuwait, would America have come to it's defense? Just give it some thought. Try and see both sides of the story. It's not so simple.

The American media is the only one in the world to work this link between Bin Laden and Saddam so hard. No one else connects them. Even the Brits don't any more. Their biggest link is that the Bush administration didn't like either one of them. Not that there is a problem with that, but for Pete's sake they could have been honest and come out and said it. They didn't need to go around trumping up charges. Not finding the WMD really did not look good. Better to have never made that an issue in the first place than to be caught with a red face because they couldn't find them.

They are two different problems, and the sooner everyone figures that out the sooner a solution will be found. The Iraq situation will work itself out in time, as long as no one walks away from it. The Al-Queda thing needs a totally different approach. They are not the same.

OT says -
But 1000 years ago you didn't have a superpower which had guaranteed Israels right to exist and promised to defend them......

I know Oldtimer. Let the Isrealies have part of Montana and a bit of Texas. Wouldn't take much room, and the landscape is pretty similar. Hire Mel Gibson to build a few Hollywood type props to those ever important religious concerns.

Kato: "If there was no oil if Kuwait, would America have come to it's defense?"

Explain to me what we gained, in the way of oil, by defending Kuwait.

Let's hear it!

This should be good.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Kato: "If there was no oil if Kuwait, would America have come to it's defense?"

Explain to me what we gained, in the way of oil, by defending Kuwait.

Let's hear it!

This should be good.

~SH~

What, are you saying that there is no oil in Kuwait?
As for your statement about Saddam terrorizing his own people, yes he did use poison gas on them, poison gas supplied by Donald Rumsfeld back in the 80's. So stick your revisionist republican history lies where the sun don't shine. The scary thing is, I think you actually believe the garbage spewing from your brainwashed mellon.

I guess Haliburton never does any work in Kuwait hey SH. Nor Exxon, or any other large American owned company. One of the main jobs that the troops have these days is protection of Haliburton employees isn't it. Or is that just CNN again?

You're out to lunch on this one SH, or fooled by that short assed little puppet you call a president. How tall is the dipshit anyway, FOX seems to make him look about 7 feet, but CNN makes him about 5 foot 2. All we got to do up here in the great white north is watch TV ya know.

Oil is a primary resource just like cattle, grain, or anything else. The money isn't made by the country who owns it, except for the taxes, it's the middle man once again who makes the doe. All part of the game. Remeber how Canada's hell fire fighters brought the gulf war blazes under control. Who got the job this time around?

Blowing up all those refineries never hurt a thing now did it. At least Saudi has the bucks to make some secondary products themselves. America had to rebuild Kuwait, and now has to rebuild Iraq, and being the candle lighters they are, I guess they will do it all for free EH.

No SH GW and his gang are in Iraq to save humanity. Give me a break.

Latest posts