• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Bald Canadian Goose,eh

Help Support Ranchers.net:

As for number 22, for me it was the metal handle on a sled. My brother was worse, he stuck to the front doorknob, so guess what happened when we called Mom out to help! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have to show the other side Kato (also in fun LOL!)

Hang on to any of the new Newfoundland quarters. If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents.The Canadian Mint announced today that it is recalling all of the Newfoundland quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each province. "We are recalling all the new Newfoundland quarters that were recently issued," Canadian Mint Deputy Minister Jack Shackleford said Monday. "This action is being taken after numerous reports that new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices." The quarters were issued in the order in which the various provinces joined Confederation. and have been a tremendous success among coin collectors worldwide. "The problem lies in the unique design of the Newfoundland quarter, which was created by a team of Newfoundlanders," Shackleford said. "Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devices."

In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect.
- Bill Clinton

in a White House darkened by pulling the shades down, there was no ethnic conflict between the kneeling intern and the sitting fool. Thet also played together in peace, prosperity and mutual respect, until the dredful stained blue dress!

Quoting slick willie to make your nation look better is like using cow pies as shaving creme!

The World's Largest Ball of Sisal Twine
(Now in its' 50TH Year and still growing.)
Cawker City, Kansas

-----------------------------------------

Just how big is the ball of twine? Look at these figures:

* 17,554 pounds Almost 9 TON !!!
* 40 foot circumference
* Over 7,009,942 feet of sisal twine
* 1,325 Miles
* 2,137 KM

Frank Stoeber started this ball of twine on his farm in 1953. By 1957 it weighed 5,000 pounds, stood 8 feet high, and had 1,175,180 feet of twine on it. Stoeber gave the ball to Cawker City in 1961 before his death in 1974.

The Cawker City Community Club is the official owner/caretaker of the Ball of Twine. Each year a twine-a-thon is held in conjunction with the annual Cawker City picnic and parade, so the ball never stops growing. The picnic and parade are on the third Saturday in August, with the twine winding being held the Friday before.

The ball of twine is located in "Downtown" Cawker City right along Wisconson Street (Highway 24) on the south side of the highway. It is half a block west of Lake Drive, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding it (After all, this is a small town and a big ball of twine).

Passing through Cawker City? Stop by. Check out our Ball of Twine. Who knows? Maybe you'll be impressed.

For more information, contact the Cawker City Community Club
P.O. Box 178, Cawker City, KS 67430
Phone: (785)-781-4713, or (785)-781-4723 after business hours
E-mail: [email protected]
ball.jpg

Soo jigs you get a nice close shave with that cow crap-next thing you'll be banning our manure because it's crippling your fledgling shaving cream business.

for a clean smooth shave, feed very rich alfalfa for a few days.........seems to work better than an old cow pie

Rightwing Senator Seeks Wealth Transfer from U.S. to Mexico

From Middle American News

A right-wing Republican wants to implement a Marxist-style plan to transfer wealth from American taxpayers, sending it south of the border "to reduce the wealth gap" between the U.S. and Mexico.

Sen. John Cornyn, R-TX, has introduced legislation to make grants of U.S. tax dollars for roads, telecommunications facilities, and education programs in Mexico. The bill, S. 2941, parallels plans developed by the influential Council on Foreign Relations to integrate the populations and economies of the two countries with Canada in a "North American Community."

The CFR plan, reported last month in Middle American News, calls for creation of a "North American Investment Fund," which the CFR said is "designed to channel resources for the purposes of connecting the poorer parts of [Mexico] to the markets in the north." Cornyn's bill, S. 2941, creates a grant-making entity that is given the CFR's suggested name, "North American Investment Fund."

Cornyn, who was attorney general of Texas when George W. Bush was governor, is a close political associate of the president. He is a long-time Republican and boasts formidable conservative credentials, including a 100 percent rating for his Senate votes in 2004 from the American Conservative Union. In addition, he was a featured speaker at the 2004 Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C., and has written articles for the right-wing Republican newspaper Human Events.

Cornyn is a staunch supporter of mass immigration to the U.S. from Mexico and has introduced legislation in the past offering amnesty to illegal aliens. He was a cosponsor of S. 1387, the Border Security and Immigration Reform Act of 2003, which, had it passed, would have conferred legal green cards on illegal alien applicants who had worked in the U.S. for 3 years or more. Cornyn also voted in committee to award illegal aliens cut-rate tuition at college and universities.

The stated purpose of Cornyn's wealth-transfer legislation is to "promote economic and infrastructure integration" with Mexico and Canada, "promote education and economic development in Mexico," and "to reduce the wealth gap between Mexico and Canada, and between Mexico and the United States."

Although the bill's title uses the word "investment," the newly created fund would disperse American tax dollars through outright grants, not investments. "The Fund shall make grants for projects to carry out the purposes described..." says Section 4 of the bill.

Besides integrating the economy of Mexico with the U.S., the CFR's plan also calls for eliminating border controls between Mexico and the U.S., and merging the two countries with Canada into what it calls a "security perimeter" within which populations of the three countries could move about freely without border scrutiny. The purpose is to create a "seamless North American market" for transnational corporations, guaranteeing what the CFR calls "the extension of full labor mobility to Mexico."

Just so I don't get blamed for picking on just the Republicans after the last post-I think all D.C. has lost their minds on this illegal alien issue- when will they wake up to the fact that the reason they are called "illegal immigrants" is because they are in this country illegally? They broke the law- they have no right to the benefits this country offers its citizens..

Sunday, Oct. 2, 2005 2:34 p.m. EDT
Hillary Clinton Urges Katrina Aid for Illegal Immigrants

Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is urging the Department of Homeland Security to assure illegal immigrants that they will get their fair share of Hurricane Katrina relief aid without fear of being deported.

In a statement posted to her official Senate web site on Wednesday, Clinton said that the DHS should "issue a formal statement reassuring immigrant victims of Hurricane Rita and Katrina that they can seek help from relief agencies without fear of deportation or being turned over to immigration authorities."

In a letter written directly to Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff, Clinton and other Senate Democrats complained that they first asked for Katrina amnesty for illegals more than two weeks ago, but have not received a response.

"In fact," they said, "we were surprised and troubled to learn that DHS has placed some individuals in deportation proceedings after these individuals sought assistance, despite the fact that the government had previously encouraged all storm victims to come forward to seek help.

"Particularly given the widely publicized reports that DHS will deport some immigrant victims of Katrina who sought assistance, we believe such a public assurance is crucial."

Mrs. Clinton urged Chertoff to "terminate removal proceedings against those [illegal immigrants] who were placed in proceedings after they sought assistance."

Other Senate Democrats who signed onto Mrs. Clinton bid to obtain Katrina aid for illegal immigrants include Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Maria Cantwell, Barack Obama, Russ Feingold, Daniel Akaka, Frank Lautenberg, Joe Lieberman, Carl Levin, John F. Kerry, Chris Dodd, Pat Leahy and Jon Corzine.

Wouldn't the illegal alian problem from Mexico be solved if U.S. companies and individuals quit hiring them.

Like that would happen. The US is short of workers and Canada is right behind them.

My friends in Houston said you couldn't get a meal at most restaurants after Ophelia not because of no power or water, but because the latinos/hispanics had fled the city and not returned yet.

Alberta is headed for a worker shortage of 100,000 in the next 3-4 years, and the gov't is looking for ways to boost immigration to cover those jobs.

Lakeside will have hundreds of openings by next week if the union holds to its promise to make their work inturruption as nasty as possible. FYI starting wage is over $11 / hr with it increasing to over $15 in 9-15 months. The new offer the union turned down is $1.00 more to start and $1.60 more over 51 months.

Why would businesses that use illegals and make money rom them want to stop hiring them>? Especially if the option is to not be in business because of lack of workers.

It strikes me as pretty hypocritical for all our U.S. friends to decry the illegal alian problem when they know their economy would stop without them. Guess if they were that big a deal they'd stop using them-I'm sure most U'S companies could ante up the money to hire U'S citizens as could our beloved packers in Canada. It's not really profitability driving the hiring of immigrants -it's greed. It pretty ridiculous to be spending billions trying to keep those workers out when most of the companies want them in. If the U'S is serious about keeping them out I've stated my solution.

Northern Rancher said:
It strikes me as pretty hypocritical for all our U.S. friends to decry the illegal alian problem when they know their economy would stop without them. Guess if they were that big a deal they'd stop using them-I'm sure most U'S companies could ante up the money to hire U'S citizens as could our beloved packers in Canada. It's not really profitability driving the hiring of immigrants -it's greed. It pretty ridiculous to be spending billions trying to keep those workers out when most of the companies want them in. If the U'S is serious about keeping them out I've stated my solution.

Hypocritical? Definately! The way illegals work in the US is criminal. They get "official" papers to be hired and pay taxes and social security, but they never get to benefit from the social security because the papers are suddenly found out to be not so official. Lawyers make the real money "finding" these papers.

It isn't all greed, at least on the part of business, in the Southern States particularly, businesses would litterally close their doors without illegals. US citizens will not work at many manual labor jobs. My friends joke about it taking 10 US citizens to do what 3 illegals can do.

Imagine what the US economy would look like with none of these workers, or if they all got the benefits they pay into. The gov't has huge incentives to stay staus quo on the issue.

It strikes me as pretty hypocritical for all our U.S. friends to decry the illegal alian problem when they know their economy would stop without them. Guess if they were that big a deal they'd stop using them-I'm sure most U'S companies could ante up the money to hire U'S citizens as could our beloved packers in Canada. It's not really profitability driving the hiring of immigrants -it's greed. It pretty ridiculous to be spending billions trying to keep those workers out when most of the companies want them in. If the U'S is serious about keeping them out I've stated my solution

There are lots of able bodied persons, right here in Canada. The companies don't have to raise their wages at all. All Canada, and the US has to do is to force the able bodied Welfare recips to work. Or design a program to teach the ones that have been on welfare for a couple of generations the value of working for their money, and what they can gain. Some of them are not aware of the rewards of being productive citizens. I'm sure $11/hr, would work out to be more than what they get on welfare.

The community I live in has alot of people that are having a tough go of it-the problem with welfare recipients is that if they do work their benefits are cut back so they actually have less money to live on. Personally I can't blame them for not showing up at times. There's some deadbeats for sure but there are alot of people that would rather be working. Know for sure I wouldn't trade places with them like my Mom used to say 'There but for the grace of god -go I".

I have worked in a packing plant and the money wasn't to bad but they earn every penny of it. There is no work harder,not on a grain or cattle opperation.Only the young and healthy should apply! Every student should work one day in a plant as this would open there eyes and encourage them to continue secondary education.

$11.00 doesn't go very far in Alberta.Our economy is booming but so is the housing market...its hard to find a home to buy at a decent price let alone a home to rent.Not only are those wages not great BUT the work conditions in the packing plant at Brooks is horrendous.... I know my son and friend went to work there when done high school... neither one made the week and these are two farm raised hard working boys.Like my mother said...Until you walk a mile in their shoes....

Latest posts