• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The big 'D' and I don't mean Dallas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nd

Reaction score
My soon to be ex-wife is filing for divorce. She said she is going to be fair. How is this for fair-the $3000 bulls I bought, she and her lawyer think I can sell for $3000. Thats some expensive yearling bull hamburger. There is alot of other stuff that isn't fair at all. I guess this is what I get for working 80 hours a week to give her a great lifestyle including a boyfriend on the side. She always said she appreciated my hard work ethic. I guess that translates to get those assets up so I can have a bigger half. Single ranchers- beware- never marry a spouse without an ag. background!

Whoa there nd.
Honestly my ag back ground was a grandfather that left his families farm when he was 17-18 years old. And family friends that owned a ranch.
Better then what you said is a pre-nup agreement. If she or he won't sign she or he are not worthy of you. Yes my hubby and I have one.

I wish you luck with getting rid of her. I hate gold diggers, they give the "good" women bad names.

I have a buddy who has not learned his lesson yet.

In the last 12 yrs, 3 " California" women have torn thru his ' ass-ets'!!

After the first I told him ' get a pre nup'...he laffed at me...then later on the women laffed all the way to divorce court. :roll: :roll: :roll:

He's practically homeless now. Sad...sad....deal fer sure.

kolanuraven said:
I have a buddy who has not learned his lesson yet.

In the last 12 yrs, 3 " California" women have torn thru his ' ass-ets'!!

After the first I told him ' get a pre nup'...he laffed at me...then later on the women laffed all the way to divorce court. :roll: :roll: :roll:

He's practically homeless now. Sad...sad....deal fer sure.

Just another reason to never let a woman get papers on you.

nd said:
Single ranchers- beware- never marry a spouse without an ag. background!

When it comes to spouses, an ag background isn't nearly as important as staying power, commitment, strength, and ethics - and that goes both ways. I sure don't mean to kick you when your down, but from the sounds of things, it kind of sounds like you got caught up in the surface stuff and just didn't look deep enough. My mother was a city girl, and she has been my fathers #1 supporter for better than 60 years now. They have been through hard times, good times, infidelity, the death of a child, and many, many other things as well. I know too many other couples with the same kind of relationship, and the same kinds of problems to believe that an ag background is the key. The key is the individual person. :wink:

Iluvherefords - I honestly believe that if a prenuptial agreement is required, then you have married the wrong person. I would never sign one, nor would I ask my partner to sign one.

Jeannie honestly believe that if a prenuptial agreement is required said:
I agree

that whole situation is what life insurance and freak accidents are for

jigs said:
I agree

:wink: :wink: CHa- ching!!!! :wink: :wink:

kolanuraven said:
jigs said:
I agree

:wink: :wink: CHa- ching!!!! :wink: :wink:

Years ago we had a guy that raised a bunch of foxes for their pelts...He had this huge grinder that he could run whole deer carcass's- cow quarters, heads, whatever and it would grind them up for fox food...

My partner and I and our wives stopped in one day when he was grinding up a bunch of stinking old carcass's - and they were just in awe of what that grinder could do...After we left we were talking about how well that could dispose of a body- which got the ladies all squeemish...

So from then on when one of our Frau's started getting a little snippy or cocky acting- we'd always say "you're fixing for a ride to the Fox farm"...

Which usually got me THUMPED!!!... :roll: :wink:

I remember watching one of those real life murder mystery shows, where a guy actually did rent a wood chipper took his wife out of the freezer, and went to the river.....

how damned messed up do you got to be to pull sopmething like that??

jigs said:
I remember watching one of those real life murder mystery shows, where a guy actually did rent a wood chipper took his wife out of the freezer, and went to the river.....

how damned messed up do you got to be to pull sopmething like that??

Have you been following this anthrax guy? Sounds like he was a real nut...Feds were about to indict him and go after the death penalty for the anthrax scare a couple years ago...Anyway before he played hari-kari he had told his psychiatrist he wanted to get a gun and go out in a blaze of glory- she was so scared she got a restraining order and was trying to get him committed when he offed himself...
At least he saved the taxpayers lots of bucks for a trial- and now he can do his pleadings before the ultimate Judge...

Also read that unconfirmed sources from the Mounties said that the goofy Canuck that stabbed the guy on the bus and cut his head off- was eating him when they got him :shock: :gag:

Then some wonder why I still pack :???:

Jeannie my husband was approched by several guys he knew that had been divorced and taken to the cleaners about a pre-nup.
I was approched by a co-worker who saw his folk's divorce without a pre-nup.
Now even though we are planned to be married for life, it is nice to know that if somewhere down the line things go wrong and a divorce is in the making, everything his grandparents, parents and himself have worked for will not be divided up and sold.
We both decided since we could not see what the future holds it would protect both of us.

I would not ask for a prenup to be signed,but i would put some of my assets in the childrens names so that the children would always be taken care of......I realize now that money is a very big need,but you do not need millions to live comfortably.....The currency of true love will always be worth more....

It was perfect when we got married we both had nothing and everything we've aquired has been from both of our effort's.If you keep your better half as your BEST Friend I don't think you will have many problem's.

Denny said:
It was perfect when we got married we both had nothing and everything we've aquired has been from both of our effort's.If you keep your better half as your BEST Friend I don't think you will have many problem's.

Ditto

If the pioneers that traveled the Oregon Trail, gave up half as fast as couples do today, they would still be in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Ben Roberts said:
If the pioneers that traveled the Oregon Trail, gave up half as fast as couples do today, they would still be in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

If you could ask them now...I bet some wish they'd stayed in MO!

kolanuraven said:
Ben Roberts said:

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

If you could ask them now...I bet some wish they'd stayed in MO!

Maybe so, but my point was that couples today, seem to give up on there futures quick, when the going gets a-little tough.

Latest posts