• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The last few days

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Hard to get motivated to post pics lately for some reason. Thanks to all the others who post them for me to enjoy.

Gathering up and getting ready to move cows to our East place.
Jan2012078.jpg

Community breakfast in town. A bit of a vehicle theme.
Jan2012113.jpg

Always pick the easiest route.
Jan2012148.jpg

For those who like em dark.
Jan2012167.jpg

A bit of a weather change in the last couple of days.
Jan2012170.jpg

The Calvary.
Jan2012180.jpg

thanks for the pic's Per, are they going to straw/chaff swath? you might get to graze for the 12 consecutive mo's , don't want to jinx it but maybe....

Great pics Per, cattle are in top nik . As far as winter, I hear it it is on the way :(

Cattle are grazing here still, tomorrow I am sorting the AI bred gals out and then will start feeding.
They calve in a few weeks ,had I known this was coming last year I would have pushed them up NOT back .
It sure has been a heck of a grazing year, we seem to start later every year so it is only fair that it stays longer . :tiphat:

Glad to see you are out getting some fresh air at times and not totally spending your days in stuffy beaurocrat filled meeting rooms. :wink:

Quite a change from last year all over it seems. Cattle and country look as good as ever. :D

hayguy said:
thanks for the pic's Per, are they going to straw/chaff swath? you might get to graze for the 12 consecutive mo's , don't want to jinx it but maybe....
They are going to the neighbors stubble and then straw bunches on our place. We have the potential for grazing 12 months this year with some rye and crested wheat grass for early season. We won't break our neck to make that happen as we have plenty of bales as well. Looking like a good production year shaping up. Last winter was on our mind all summer and fall. This winter is now going to be short enough even if it does stick in for the rest of it.

I was starting to wonder if your camera was broken. Its good to see you are getting a little snow in the hills. It was looking like you could leave the cows in the hills all winter and calve them there. Its been a weird winter here with very little rain in Dec. but the wind is still blowing hard, 105 mph three weeks ago and then again yesterday 74mph. Thanks for the photos Your cows look good.

Latest posts