• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is a hard saying (Good Sunday Mornin')

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
John 6 tells an interesting series of events. Jesus fed the five thousand, walked on water, calmed an angry sea, and then turned hundreds if not thousands of would be disciples away. People were wanting a free lunch, and an emotional thrill. Jesus the gave an interesting talk about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The thrill seekers and the free lunch crowd turned away, saying this was a hard saying. He then asked the twelve if they were going to leave, too. Peter then says "where else could we turn but to You."

The Waldo Canyon fire has burnt 346 homes to the ground, killed 2 people, and still has hundreds of people displaced from their homes. This is a hard thing to understand, and, I am sure, harder to bear. I pray I never have to deal with this, but if faced with it, I would hope to be like Peter and say there is no where to turn but to Him. I am reminded of the old hymn, "Where could I go, Where could I go, O where could I go, but to the Lord?" One thing for sure, events like this will weed out the free lunch crowd, and strengthen the true believer. Have a good Sunday mornin' and remember it really is about our walk with Him, and our families; the rest of it is just stuff. No matter what your trial, just remember to turn to Him, and God will bless you.

"it really is about our walk with Him, and our families; the rest of it is just stuff"

This is something to remember in good times and bad - thank you, you wrote it well.

Well spoken, Shortgrass. Thank you.

Our little town just had a school reunion this past week-end. A lady who I've not seen since the spring of 1960 was in attendance with her husband. This fine lady was my first grade and second grade teacher, and a favorite way back then. She was only eighteen years old when she started teaching in our town, and only had a two-year teaching certificate at the time. It was great seeing her again after these 52 years have gone by, but what is even better was hearing of their life of service to the Lord. Her husband is in the roofing business, along with his brothers, and our former teacher eventually got her degree in counseling. They have traveled and worked in several foreign countries, but along with doing roofing, they have been missionaries and led many people to the Lord. It was very much an inspiration getting reaquainted with these fine people.

I mentioned our walk with Him and our families, but left out out friends! Our dear friends. You missed that one, Shortgrass!!

Latest posts