• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is going too far

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
Got this email and I have had enough.

In Dodgeville, Wisconsin, Ridgeway Elementary School's "winter program" has changed the name of "Silent Night" to "Cold in the Night." Sung to the tune of "Silent Night," the lyrics include: "Cold in the night, no one in sight, winter winds whirl and bite, how I wish I were happy and warm, safe with my family out of the storm."

The "winter program" included decorating classrooms with Santa Claus, Kwanza symbols, Menorahs, and Labafana--a Christmas witch!

Also in Wisconsin, the Glendale-River Hills School District has banned every Christmas song which has any Christian "motive or theme." But while banning Christian Christmas songs, the district permits secular holiday songs as well as songs celebrating Hanukkah. In defending this policy, Frances Smith, the district administrator, says that the Hanukkah songs are more cultural than spiritual.

What these schools are doing to our children is not educating, but indoctrinating! And they are using Christmas as an excuse. Following the lead of the National Educational Association, Wisconsin educational leaders preach tolerance and diversity while being highly intolerant! Most of the residents of Wisconsin are tolerant, but not their educational leaders.

Banning nativity scenes. Banning Christmas songs in school. Banning Christmas in advertising. Calling a Christmas tree a "holiday" tree. Calling a Christmas parade a holiday parade. Refusing to mention the Reason for the season. It is time to take a stand for our children, our families, our faith and our freedom!

Educational leaders in your state could be the next officials to join this anti-Christian bigotry parade.

I urge you to email Wisconsin Governor Gov. Jim Doyle and Wisconsin State Superintendent Elizabeth Burmaster and ask them to stop this intolerant anti-Christian bigotry.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Click Here to Send Your Letter Now!
Very important! Please forward this to your family and friends. They need to be aware of this anti-Christian bigotry.

Thanks for caring enough to get involved.

Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

wow that really is going too far. Political correctness bordering on the absurd. My opinion is that we have to get all religion out of schools, or we run into this crazy hodgepodge of stuff, and there is no point anymore. I know this is gonna push people's buttons but if you let in the Christian stuff you gotta let in the Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, hell even God forbid Satanic stuff. Who knows where it could all end. That is religious freedom. We just have to keep it all out of the schools. It is a catch 22.

Heres an e-mail I received today...

My Christmas Mission

By Debbie Daniel

I'm on a "Merry Christmas" mission and I'm in full throttle. My little yellow VW Beetle has turned into a Christmas billboard with Merry Christmas written across the back window. Yes, I've decided to trek off to work everyday on the public highways with a message that seems to offend people.

At stop lights, I even turn my music up a little louder, and to top it off, I sing along with it. Don't I know that stopping at a red light to roll my windows down only to share the joy of Christmas carols on public streets is a No-No? Don't I fear the Christmas Gestapo and those who would have me remove the written message from my car?

I'm sorry folks, but the only person I'm concerned about "offending" during this Christmas season is the Lord himself. LEAVE THAT MANGER ALONE! We've allowed the Baby Jesus to be kicked out of His lowly manger, and those offended by Christmas are still not happy.

I refuse to let this happen. I'm going to do my part to make sure "Merry Christmas" doesn't become extinct. Because like it or not, if the believers in Christmas don't take a stand now, it's gone forever.

Listen folks, the Christian community has been underestimated before; we will have to show ourselves again.

I walked into a Wendy's Restaurant the other day and was rather exuberant with my "Merry Christmas" greeting to the manager. He didn't have much of a response and I said, "Where's your Christmas spirit?" He said, "We're not allowed to use the words "Merry Christmas" when greeting customers. We can only say "Happy Holiday."

This morning I grabbed a quick breakfast at a Whataburger Restaurant. I noticed there wasn't a single decoration in the store. I asked the manager why they weren't decorated for Christmas. He told me the corporate headquarters decided not to send any decorations to any of their stores, and he didn't know why.

After I heard about all the Macy's and Federated Stores taking down their Merry Christmas signs, the Target stores not allowing the Salvation Army to "Ring the Christmas bells," and the many incidents of children, choirs, and bands not allowed to play or sing Christmas carols, I realized it was happening right here in my own little Texas town.

How can this be? Not Texas!

We do, however, have a store, Hobby Lobby, that plays nothing but Christmas carols during the season. On Christmas Day they run a full page ad in our local newspaper. That ad is not to promote the store, but uses the entire page to tell the story of Jesus' birth. Now that's taking a stand. We need to thank them.

When I saw a news report the other evening of children being taught new words to a song we've sung for years - "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - I was saddened to hear "We Wish You a Splendid Holiday."

I know now that it's just a matter of time that the "Merry Christmas" greetings will be gone. Look around your town. Notice the "Holiday" greetings and not "Christmas." It's happening right before our very eyes.

Start singing the songs; go down the streets of America singing to your heart's content. Get some of those wash-off markers that these kids use to write on their car windows when they're rooting for their hometown football team. It's easy to do, and if a torrential rain washes it off, write it on there again.

We've got to get this message out. "Go Tell It On the Mountain . . that Jesus Christ is Born." Sing it, speak it, be a billboard for our Lord.

The story of this "Baby Jesus" alone has brought about more goodwill at this time of year than any other day we celebrate. How can we sit back and allow Him to be snuffed out of our lives?

Is it Jesus, or is it His followers that the "offended" don't like? What kind of revulsion galvanizes one to campaign so vehemently against the mere mention of His name, the mere singing of a carol, or the mere visual of a sign that says "Merry Christmas?"

I can listen to my own boss at work use some of the vilest words and follow up with, "Excuse my French." I may cringe inside at his damning of God's name, but I tolerate it. So if you don't like me wishing you a "Merry Christmas," I'll say, "Excuse my joy." You may cringe that I celebrate the birth of Jesus, but just tolerate it.

I cannot be concerned that "Merry Christmas" offends you. If I'm not careful, the day will come when saying I'm a Christian will offend you.

I'm offended that you're offended. How about that?

When we get to a point that we can no longer take part in a tradition we hold dear, we have no choice; we either defend that tradition or we give it up to those who say NO. That's it . . . period. So, which will it be?

I'm not giving up my "Merry Christmas" joy to anyone. If I know of someone that celebrates another holiday during this time of year, I will be glad to wish them whatever holiday they want. Just tell me what it is and I'll shout it to the world and wish you a grand celebration.

Just give me Christmas. To you merchants: Stop being so hypocritical and "filling your tills" on the back of Jesus! Who do you think is the symbol of giving at this time of year? It was the wise men bringing gifts to the newborn Christ-child.

You want your coffers full, but have ordered your employees to take down all the Merry Christmas signs. If that's the case, I'll buy gifts at a place that understands my joy.

If you're worried about offending someone, you just did. The most recent Newsweek survey shows that 82% of Americans believe that Jesus is the Son of God. So, in trying not to offend a few, you've offended many.

It's okay to jump into the "Merry Christmas" spirit when it fills your cash register, but let's call it something else . . . and don't stop giving . . and don't stop buying. . . we'll just change the name and you'll never know the difference.

I know the difference and I'm feeling it greatly. It's hard not to be aware that townships across our country have actually banned the singing of Christmas carols because it might offend someone. And it's not just the religious songs; it's the secular ones too. No more "Jingle Bells" or "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" because they're associated with Christmas. Boy, aren't we getting sensitive?

If we're not celebrating Christmas for the hope it gives with the birth of our Savior . . . there is no hope!

I noticed a few years ago that we changed the name of Abraham Lincoln's and George Washington's birthday so as to be all inclusive regarding the Presidents. Hark, if we should recognize anyone as exceptional. Now it's called Presidents' Day.

Well, if we're going to be so all inclusive, next month I'll have to refer to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day as Civil Rights Leaders' Day. We don't want to exclude great Americans like Rosa Parks or Cesar Chavez, do we? And to think that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton might be left out.

We might need to change Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Grandparents' Day to All Parents' Day. Just lump them all together.

It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? So what's the difference?

My freedom to celebrate Christmas in the tradition of the Christian religion is as much my right as it is your right to be offended by it. So what are we going to do? Did anyone hear me . . . what are we going to do?

Do we defend a person's right to go forward with a time tested tradition (how about 2000 years?), or do we defend a person's right to end it all because they're offended? As long as we live in this great land and have the freedom to express ourselves and what we believe in, we will always offend someone.

If we try to make everything right for everyone, we won't have anything for anyone.

May you always have Christmas in your heart!

The first one broke my heart. It saddens me that our neighbours are taking the true meaning of Christmas away from the kids. I am Canadian, and I have that taken away from me too. We do school christmas concerts every year, and they about what, --- that's right, you guessed it, Santa. Once in a while is alright, but you have to spread the true meaning of Christmas with the world. I am just a kid, but I can make a diffrerence, even if it is only for one or two people, but I will know that spreading God's word is the right thing to do and no-one can take that right away from me.
Bravo to Debbie Daniel. Also to everyone else that knows the true meaning of Christmas and you share it with your kids/families/friends!

THe trouble is, that small minority are much more outspoken in what they want done than the 82% are in defending what they believe.
Remember the ONE guy who just about caused the pledge of allegience
to be outlawed.

Thanks for the posting, sw!!! It saddens me to no end to see "Christmas" taken out of the season.....Christmas vacation is now "winter break" and t.v. reporters are no longer allowed to say "merry Christmas", but have to say "happy holidays"....yet, they can still say "happy hannukah" or "merry Kwanza"....i just don't get it!!!! :cry: :cry:

Well said, ranchwife :)
They can take away our guns, our money, or land, and our cattle, but all that they can't take away is our pride, respect, beleifs, and our right to freedom!

I just noticed something our local radio station is doing- Besides playing all the traditional Christmas music, they have little tidbits off and on each day about Holiday Traditions, Holiday and Christmas history and origins of the practices-- I've heard both Christian and Jewish traditions so far- I imagine they are doing Muslim too altho I haven't heard any yet...

I really think that is a great- I've heard several things that I did not know before-- openness and education are the best tools......

I think we need Changes

Hanukah to Jews Burning Oil

Cinco de Mayo to a Day In May

Easter to Nailed Him Day

Or just forget all this *&^%

Live and Let Live!
To Each His Own!

GOD Bless YOUR Beliefs Days

Isn;t it amazing that the Jewish, Christain and Moslem beliefs all come from one place and then have split. guess we all are one big family. And I ain't never seen a family who didn't have a few fights! :wink:

Much good has come from each of the above named religions and much bad also. Too bad we can't all get together and quit fightin'! :cry:

Jinglebob said:
Isn;t it amazing that the Jewish, Christain and Moslem beliefs all come from one place and then have split. guess we all are one big family. And I ain't never seen a family who didn't have a few fights! :wink:

Much good has come from each of the above named religions and much bad also. Too bad we can't all get together and quit fightin'! :cry:
While the region is similiar and some of the Characters are similiar in the written beleifs of each relegion, they are exclusive. If any relegion is worth anything it has to be at least correct Jinglebob. If one is correct and others are different then others are wrong.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
This is a pretty exclusive statement. Muslems think Jesus was a profit but not the only way to God. In my opinion it's hard to be a profit and a liar. If he said it it's true or a lie
Jews which are unconverted to Christianity would also think Jesus is a liar when he makes this statement. Christians on the other hand could wrap up most of their theology from that verse.
Hard Jinglebob for everyone to all get along when they can't even agree what the most important figure in history actually is. Liar ,Lunatic or Lord

Red Robin said:
Hard Jinglebob for everyone to all get along when they can't even agree what the most important figure in history actually is. Liar ,Lunatic or Lord

So because they are wrong and we are right, lets just kill them all? :???:

Should be on the Political Page- But it fits a lot to this thread.....

-------------------------------------
Action Alert

Prevent All Federal Courts, Including the Supreme Court, From Ruling on Acknowledgement-of-God Issues!
Support the Constitution Restoration Act of 2005 (S. 520 and H.R. 1070)

Would you like Congress to pass a bill "protecting the ability of the [American people] to display the Ten Commandments in public places, to express their faith in public, to retain God in the Pledge of Allegiance, to retain 'In God We Trust' as our national motto, and to use Article III, Section 2.2 of the United States Constitution to except these areas from the jurisdiction of the United States Supreme Court?" If so, you'll want to ask your senators and representative to support the Constitution Restoration Act of 2005 (S. 520 in the Senate and H.R. 1070 in the House), which would prevent all federal courts, including the Supreme Court, from ruling on acknowledgement-of-God issues. And, you should take the further step of contacting your state legislators and urging them to pass a state resolution (similar to Louisana's recently approved Senate Concurrent Resolution 30) requesting Congress to adopt S. 520 and H.R. 1070. (For further background on the Constitution Restoration Act of 2005, read "Ending Judicial Activism," The New American, May 30, 2005.)

To send Petition letter:
http://capwiz.com/jbs/issues/alert/?alertid=8294736&type=CO

Red Robin said:
Jinglebob said:
Red Robin said:

So because they are wrong and we are right, lets just kill them all? :???:
That sounds good...Have you got a plan?

No, it wasn't a joke! Evidentley that is how some religions feel.

The christian religions fight amonget themselves and can't agree on most things. Too bad. There is one God and most people acknowledge that, but they all have a real problem with how everyone else goes about it.

Latest posts