• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This just tops the list....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
I have had one pi**er of a day. :mad: The fuel truck was out to fill the tanks, we have to take all of our contracted fuel. So we fill all the tractors, I line them up and the guy fills the last diesel tank and the shut off valve doesn't work so it spills diesle all over the shed floor, on the ford and two sacks of tct, salt, mineral, just a meanass mess. Anyway the older gentleman has just lost his wife. He is vary upset :cry: and I tell him it's okay and not to worry it was an accident, even give him a hug and go feed. :? Yeah wouldn't you guess it..... My man forgot to load the bale wagon. I go back to the house, ask carter what bales I get. He writes me directons, Yeah I'm blond, :roll: between him puking in the toilet, yeah he has the flu and just bought a buick. So I get everything done and my brother calls.
Come to find out someone stold my gramma's dishes out of my folks house. :mad: Two weeks ago they had a house fire. The fire did major damage and they can not live in their house. Anyway they think that one of the guys there to help rebuild there house stold my grandma's dishes.
I am just sick....... :mad: :mad: Those were my dishes... :mad: My aunt put them on there auction when they moved to retirement. And I went and bought them back. :roll: I gave them to my mother to keep. She has-had- a beautiful china cabinet thinking I would get them later. :cry: All I can do is bawl... :cry: :cry: :cry: Then I get in this cussing rage!!!!! :mad: :mad: If I went down and found out who they think took my grandma's dishes and went and took them back, would you guys bail me out of jail??? Who cares if I get a breaking and entering charge. I'll bet the deputy dog in Grant county will never get my dishes back....
Anyway all you in the western part of Nebraska keep your eyes peeled for a huge set of fire king gold luster dishes with the leaf pattern on the plates and cups... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hang in there Katrina, it will get better. But I've always wondered why bad stuff always happens in multiple........

Just remember God won't give you more than you can handle.

No problam Katrina I'll help you with bail....been where you are,hard to swallow lemons but does get better,the thief is a B- - - - - rd

I was wondering what that dark cloud of smoke to my southeast was-- Just Hurricane Katrina reigniting :lol: :lol: Why do I get the feeling that if you find whoever took the dishes, they'd be better off in the Iraqui Abu Ghraib prison than in your hands:???: :lol: :lol:

Hell hath no fury like a POed woman......

What scum would take from and old couple??? Dad is eighty and mom is in her 70s. The head carpenter is the Luthern minister. My friend Miki has a friend who has a friend who breaks legs for a living> Plus I have a favorite cousin who is a FBI agent. I'm waiting for the truck to show up and we may just take a drive........

It's good to have friends ain't it? The first time I met my boxing coach, he had just witnessed my ex-wife - who was still my wife at the time - leavin' the bar with another guy. When he told me the good news he put a smile and a chuckle back in me when he said, "Ya know I hire out for that sorta thing?"

Im sorry Kat I had some things taken by contractors and nope didnt get them back either. Well I am goign to hope you get yours back.
Got a question for ya.....how much snow yall got? I been meaning to go up that way and see that part of the country. I know there are a few NBRSA ranges I can try out. hmmm if not LOL you know that the sniper rifle is based on the benchrest rifle..................... :wink:
Remember its not what happens to you BUT how you react. They will pay for what they have done.They can take the dishes ~the house~whatever what they cant take is your memories. That is what really matters.

Gut shoot the mangy Bas oh I can't say that well you know.I would storm right into the job site and give'em HELL just cause that guy's a minister don't make him honest make'em feel guilty maybe they will show up no questions asked.

Katrina, Just remember there usually ain't a bond for murder. Keep your nose to the ground, checking the antique shops around, (these folks usually need some quick cash) and most of all keep your cool!

If you were to find the dishes, can you "positively" identify them? Just something to think about.

Katrina, sorry about your troubles. When they come, they tend to come in bunches.

One time quite a few years ago we were knee deep into calving and everything had gone to heck in a hand basket. It was a Sunday morning and Peachie and our little kids had gone to church. The hired man had the day off, and I was swamped with being busy. I was about ready to pull out my hair (I had considerably more at the time :wink: ), but decided to just go in the house and take a needed shower. I got all shaved and shiny, put on clean clothes, and went back outside. I thought to myself, "Now I'm just going to pretend that the old boss of this outfit just quit without notice, and I am the new man on the job. My duty is to see if I can straighten up the other fellow's screw-ups and turn this ranch around."

You know, it worked. Things went considerably better the rest of the day, and the new week got started out right.

Back to your dilema, why don't you call up the head carpenter on the house rebuilding job. As you say, he is a Lutheran minister, and what little I've been around him, he seems like a conscientious honest reasonable man. He might give you some insight into the deal, and could help you get to the bottom of the burglary, especially if it was one of his workers. Give him a call, and the sooner the better.

Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it, but good luck in your quest.

One other thought, is there any chance that someone purposely moved the valuable dishes to a different location so they wouldn't get broken during the carpentry project? Hopefully this is the case, and they intended to give them to you in their pristine condition.

Probably if Katrina is anything like me, just sharing her troubles helps as much as anything, and knowing someone CARES.

Excellent advice Soapweed. And as for the first part of your post, I never cease to admire your ATTITUDE. How do you always do it???

I remember years ago watching the Miss America contest as they were interviewing Miss Kansas and asked her what advice she could give young people. I never forgot her reply. "Have a good ATTITUDE, " she said. "It will take you through the worst of times."

You are a constant reminder of possessing a good attitude, Soapweed. Keep the stories coming. :nod:

You know I have to agree with Faster on your attitude Soapweed,you never cease to amaze me ,I ALWAYS think after reading what you wrote I wish I had wrote that.

Thanks for all the support. I love you all!!! I called the county Sheriff and he is doing his best. I asked about a reward, but he said that he didn't think it would help. For some reason I feel that I will get my grandma's dishes back. I have all good on my side. God works in strange ways. Just makes me really sad :cry: I haven't talked to Pastor Lenz yet. He might have an insight. I guess there has been three breakins since Christmas Shawn the Sherrif said. And he said he was taking it quite personally.. What is this world coming too??

Katrina .....
Here is a true story:
A friend bought a neighboring farm complete with everythnig,including the contents of the house.When he saw strange tracks and things were missing he decided to waylay the so and so.Toward evening he drove over to the place and after hiding his truck he took his flashlight and a gun and hid in the house.
Sure enough a couple of hours after dark up drives a pickup and the driver(a male)comes in where the owner was waiting.When he shined the light in the intruders face and told him to stop he just kept coming.The thief took the owners gun and on his way out said"your'e damn lucky I didn't shoot you".
My Wife used to carry a 357 magnum pistol with her in the car.I warned her to never pull it out unless she knew she could pull the trigger! :mad:

Latest posts