• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To All You Phenomenal Women On Ranchers Net.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

You know, I got to thinking....how many of us do use our real names? Not too many. I came up with five.

Southern men do have manners....their mamma's made sure of that!!

Some Yankee women and others see the Southern style of men, opening doors, carrying things for you, etc as sexist.....NOT ME!!!

Guess that let's ya know I'm female!

Nothing sexist about it. Opening door for a lady has its benefits too. I try to open a door for a lady every chance I get. I almost always get a smile and a nice hello. It sure makes for a brighter day.
When ever I see a lady crossing the drive I always stop to let her cross. That also gets you a nice smile.
Yes, mamma raised me right and I am glad of it. It has never failed to pay off. Kindness is cheep and goes a long way.

I also appreciate Southern manners and don't find them sexist at all.

Now aging men who barely know me and put their arm around me, I do find sexist :mad: When I first starting working after school, I had to let a couple of such guys know that I was not the "touchy feely" type.

One of the first lessons my mother tought me was to never touch a woman unless she extened her hand to me first. So I never offer to shake a womans hand unless she offers hers first. If a woman wants to be touched she will let you know.
I also say yes ma'am to all ladies that have not told me to call them by their first name.

This is puttin the shoe on the other foot a lil bit but, I'm what Id call a "southern lady" and have no problem holding doors open for someone coming in behind me or what not. But one day at the local discount store, I held the door open for a man, who walked in while I held the door, I didn't get a smile, a thank you, Nothin!!!!....well maybe I was havin a bad day, I dont know..but it rubbed me the wrong way. After getting on into the store...I tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned to look at me. I said, "excuse me sir, could you come back out here and let me show you something?" I walked out the door, he followed, I then turned right around and smiled at him real big........opened the door just enuff to let myself back into the store....and let it go.......with him standin outside with a goofy look on his face. It's only right that you smile or say thank you if someone, be it man or woman holds a door open. I never go through a door being held open for me without saying "thank you".

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
This is puttin the shoe on the other foot a lil bit but, I'm what Id call a "southern lady" and have no problem holding doors open for someone coming in behind me or what not. But one day at the local discount store, I held the door open for a man, who walked in while I held the door, I didn't get a smile, a thank you, Nothin!!!!....well maybe I was havin a bad day, I dont know..but it rubbed me the wrong way. After getting on into the store...I tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned to look at me. I said, "excuse me sir, could you come back out here and let me show you something?" I walked out the door, he followed, I then turned right around and smiled at him real big........opened the door just enuff to let myself back into the store....and let it go.......with him standin outside with a goofy look on his face. It's only right that you smile or say thank you if someone, be it man or woman holds a door open. I never go through a door being held open for me without saying "thank you".

I am sure you do and don't make life nice. :D :D :D :D

the reason I used the word " sexist" is that I had a female friend visit me here in Georgia....she was from Chicago. We went to the grocery and the attendant carried my groceries to the car and placed them in the car. She was amazed.

At the feed store, the boys loaded the feed for me onto the truck and after 5 PM that same day, on his way home one of them stopped by and unloaded it for me.....no charge except a glass of ice tea. Chicago woman was amazed .

Anyone you passed on the road/highway you waved at them, know them or not. Scared her right outta her wits.

She said that the behavior like that seemed sexist to her, she had NEVER seen anything like it and admitted it made her uncomfortable. Unloading that feed after elbow surgery would have made me uncomfortable !!!!

Latest posts