• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To durn muddy to keep hauling water

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
We are plumb in the middle of a long January thaw. It's gotten so bad I only had an hour after the sun came up to haul water to my cows. Then it was axel deep. So we brought them home today. Pretty day for a ride. Had good help and it went smooth. They still had a little picking down in the Salt Grass pasture but it'll still be there when spring comes.
A7B1F1A0-22B2-4985-A6C5-67592F2E4262.jpeg

FEA0140C-CC68-4FC8-9505-6E5D25C0CF76.jpeg

Had my son riding his mare and I acted as sidekick. Pretty good feeling to see your kids turn into top hands.
1BF18C26-DA60-4042-AB27-47B2B348A170.jpeg

BD807D7D-D2FA-4E9C-9785-4AC6EECBEF48.jpeg

It's only a few miles but part of it is along what passes for a paved road in our country. So my covid free wife rode point on her four wheeled steed. Most folks idle along and are considerate when they see stock on the road. But a few useless, brainless, cityfied transplants don't have a damn clue. Angie had orders to fire one warning shot and then aim for center mass 😁
Thankfully the idiots who live on the other side of town stayed home. It amazes me how folks move away from the city and then spend all their time ruining their new place til it is exactly like where they came from. But I digress!!! Mosying along-
4068DA28-E449-48BD-AC90-E79605D508E3.jpeg

8F57E043-8493-4E40-A2A0-6E59F9EB0494.jpeg

Finally made the turn up our lane. It's wasn't a big cattle drive cause we ain't a big outfit. But they are ours and we enjoy having cows around. Tonight they are home learning to be full time Democrats as they drool at the haystack. With the price of hay, I need some stimulus money because I'm out of kidneys to buy more. If the drought doesn't break I'll be making some hard choices by May. But the Good Lord will send the rain or he won't. It's out of my hands. Have a fine evening friends. May we all keep throwing a leg over a good horse as often as we can.
EEB1339D-09B1-4957-AFE3-F8D6CFD2DC66.jpeg

My son isn't very little anymore. Wears a size 12 boot and has grown into a fine, kind, hardworking young man. It's a blessing to ride with family. John Wayne would approve of this kid. So would my grandparents. He is generation number 6 on the desert. The future looks pretty bright from my seat 🤠
D75B9EA8-54B0-428E-8F9C-0A8C787F073A.jpeg

Last edited:
Can't believe you had all that snow and cold and now it's gone. We seldom get huge amounts of snow but we'll have what we have all winter. Just thaws enough to make it even icier. Nice pics!

You two failed to see the sarcasm in my words I guess. 😂
Bring the rope and Gcreek Mr Webfoot. But the two of you will need a lot more help than that trying to string me up. I'll sic Littlest H on ya🤠

Bring the rope and Gcreek Mr Webfoot. But the two of you will need a lot more help than that trying to string me up. I'll sic Littlest H on ya🤠
Ha ha That will probably work better. I got to thinking. Out there in the desert there probably isn't a decent tree anyway.
We can use a rock, it will work just as well with H. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We'll only bring enough rope to tie your outfit together. Shouldn't take more than a truck load to replace the baler twine you been using.

Last edited:
It is getting bad when you can even harass a goat rancher a little without being accused of lacking knowledge of sarcasm. I am leaving my new rope at home. Let him hang himself with his own worn out old rope.

I need to let you know that I understand sarcasm very well. After all I have a Harvard education. Actual truth. It might have been Harvard elementary school but I did actually attend Harvard for 6 years. Well 7 years if you count kindergarten.

Latest posts