• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To HELL WITH R-CALF

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Enough U.S. Cebull!
By Murray Mandryk
Date: March 15th, 2005

To hell with R-CALF USA! To hell with Judge Richard Cebull! To hell with all of them! Let's build a slaughtering and meat packing industry right here at home.

Admittedly, this isn't a short-term solution. Nor is it a cheap one. But what choice do we really have in the wake of the Montana judge's recent ruling to keep the U.S. border closed to Canadian beef?

We could do what we always do, which is rely on U.S. markets and the Americans' processing industry. After all, by the time we re-build a Canadian slaughter and packing industry (our own industry followed our cattle south years ago), the border might be opened to live Canadian beef.

Moreover, our own slaughtering and packing industry may not satisfy the Americans, anyway.

While the border is still open to packaged Canadian beef, the protectionist hypocrites in R-CALF are moving to have Canadian boxed beef banned, too. (Yes, they're hypocrites. A strong word, I realize, but what else do you R-CALF members that bought up cheap Canadian cows – 30,000 at a time – after the May 20, 2003 ban was in place. Wasn't the American ban supposedly in place because, as North Dakota Kent Conrad put it, Canada is a "a country known to have mad cow in its herd and a record of failure in its attempts to ban illegal feed"?)
There again, if R-CALF is successful in its attempts to use the U.S. courts to keep the border closed for years, what would be gained by sitting around and waiting for the Americans to play fair? Why should we hold out hope that the Americans will do the right thing?

If Cebull's ruling has taught us anything, it's that this isn't about protecting the U.S. food supply or science. It's about Americans protecting an American cattle industry. Cebull (a good name, because he's clearly full of it), ruled that opening the border to cattle under 30 months would cause "serious, irreparable harm." It was an incredibly ill informed and biased ruling, given that the youngest animal to develop mad cow disease was 68 months old.

But science had no place in Cebull's courtroom. His 28-page ruling just got more ludicrous, arguing that BSE could be passed on through animals' saliva – a notion that no reputable scientist seriously endorses.

The judge that R-CALF also went to last year to get another favourable ruling of lesser consequence also ruled Canada has insufficient testing – an amazing bit of logic given that the US Department of Agriculture has criticized its own inspectors for not testing older animals. In Canada, we test older animals, which is why we found the cases of mad cow and why the Americans haven't. They aren't looking for it.

But perhaps the most preposterous part of his ruling was Cebull's notion that increased truck traffic would now cause environmental damage. This from the country that won't sign on to the Kyoto Accord, anyway!

So what do we do?

Well, if we can't sell into the U.S., let's develop a local slaughter and packaging industry that will have the world clamouring for Canadian beef over the U.S. product. Let's ban all rudiment parts in feed – even for chickens and pigs – if that's what it takes. And let's rebuild our own meat packing industry with smaller plants in rural Saskatchewan that will allow us to trace beef from farm to fork.

Let's test every animal that goes into those facilities, if that's what it takes.

Let's get our provincial government to provide tax incentives for packers to build these facilities.

Let's relish the notion of attracting American meat packers and feedlots that have lost an estimated $1.7 billion since the border closed.

Let's hit the Americans and R-CALF where it hurts most – right in their pocket books.

To Hell With R-calf forever! May you burn in eternity!

Thought this was very well said!

"BSE could be passed on through animals' saliva"? Now they're making it sound like the human form of AIDS! :roll:

:)Any way we could talk Murray Mandryk into beocming chairman of the Canadain Cattlemans Association. Finally another man who stands up with a public statement that even the Rcalf cooks cannot dispute.

How do we get more people like this geard in this country.

Cam Ostercamp says it very well in public, and most of us ciber heads say it over and over on here (to the same people I might add), but how do we get this very true, very strong message to those that can make a difference.

I will be cutting and pasting this message and sending it on to as many as I can.

Thanks for this Manitoba_rancher, lets not it go to sleep on ranchers bull session.

rkaiser said:
:)Any way we could talk Murray Mandryk into beocming chairman of the Canadain Cattlemans Association. Finally another man who stands up with a public statement that even the Rcalf cooks cannot dispute.

Cam Ostercamp says it very well in public, and most of us ciber heads say it over and over on here (to the same people I might add), but how do we get this very true, very strong message to those that can make a difference.

I will be cutting and pasting this message and sending it on to as many as I can.

Thanks for this Manitoba_rancher, lets not it go to sleep on ranchers bull session.

YEAH,you canuckle heads dont need to sleeping at Ranchers.net,throw you out with the rest of the dead wood,LOL...............good luck

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There's a tear in my BEER and were crying for you dear...

Dont worry be HAPPY :lol: :lol: :D :p :p

Haymaker: "YEAH,you canuckle heads dont need to sleeping at Ranchers.net,throw you out with the rest of the dead wood,..."

Congratulations Haymaker, you almost completed a sentence that almost made sense.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Haymaker: "YEAH,you canuckle heads dont need to sleeping at Ranchers.net,throw you out with the rest of the dead wood,..."

Congratulations Haymaker, you almost completed a sentence that almost made sense.

~SH~

Wont be long prarie dog ,IM almost through planting ,then ILL have time to expose you as a packer loving blow hard again.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
~SH~ said:

~SH~

Wont be long prarie dog ,IM almost through planting ,then ILL have time to expose you as a packer loving blow hard again.............good luck

Haymaker we can't talk about what you have "Exposed" on this board since we have become censored. :cowboy:

HAY MAKER said:
rkaiser said:

YEAH,you canuckle heads dont need to sleeping at Ranchers.net,throw you out with the rest of the dead wood,LOL...............good luck

And the fat lady sings

Haymaker in concert at her local R-calf fundraiser....
fatladysings.jpg

Better keep your day job Rose.

Hat said:
frenchie said:
Hat said:
Talk about a damn Pep Rally. Goooooo Team. You guys are so pathetic you make me laugh.

Something like your farming operation...Pathetic

I didn't know God was on here, wow you can judge farming operations over the internet now. Your pretty special buddy. What a loser. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I forgot If you have 6 cows , a goat your considered a big farmer in yer neck of the woods.

Hat said:
frenchie said:
Hat said:
I didn't know God was on here, wow you can judge farming operations over the internet now. Your pretty special buddy. What a loser. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I forgot If you have 6 cows , a goat your considered a big farmer in yer neck of the woods.

Gotta go feed, some of us down here actually have cows, I feed 500 head per day, I own 200 of those. How many cows do you own? Or did the bank take them all away and thats why your such a miserable cuss? I'll bet that's it. Good luck with your life loser. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your sheep, I,m sure your behind them all the way.

What a laugh you are momma,s boy..

Gotta go feed, some of us down here actually have cows, I feed 500 head per day, I own 200 of those. How many cows do you own? Or did the bank take them all away and thats why your such a miserable cuss? I'll bet that's it. Good luck with your life loser.

Good to know you R-CALF members got some assets for us to take away. Still like to see some pictures of these incredible cattle you got. What are they some kinda Texas LonghornxHolstein. Why are you so ashamed. Show us these wonderful, scrawny looking cattle of yours.

SASH-"Good to know you R-CALF members got some assets for us to take away."

I think you have a having a huge pipe dream. Should the US ranchers sue all the feed companies that sold the probable infected feed to the cow that ended up found with BSE here in the US. Maybe the farmer that raised the cow, as well as the drafters of the free trade agreements, and on and on. You get the picture.

Can anyone in a foreign country bring a suit here in the US?

Hat said:
SASH said:
Gotta go feed, some of us down here actually have cows, I feed 500 head per day, I own 200 of those. How many cows do you own? Or did the bank take them all away and thats why your such a miserable cuss? I'll bet that's it. Good luck with your life loser.

Good to know you R-CALF members got some assets for us to take away. Still like to see some pictures of these incredible cattle you got. What are they some kinda Texas LonghornxHolstein. Why are you so ashamed. Show us these wonderful, scrawny looking cattle of yours.

I don't have a digital camera. I run angus cows with angus and hereford bulls. If I had pictures I love to show you. Why are you such a fag? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truth of the matter is Sash..Mommas boy can,t afford one he has not got an allowance this week from his dad..don,t be too hard on him... he is so busy with them sheep..he don,t have any time left to take pics of his neighbours cows.

Hat said:
SASH said:
Can anyone in a foreign country bring a suit here in the US?

You bet we can. If the judge rules against R-CALF, the members are responsible for coming up with the money.

Says who?

That's the way it works, if the organization can't pay the bill, the membership is responsible unless you are incorporated which you are not. we checked.

Latest posts