• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Top three movies list

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
How be everybody who wants to lists their top three movie picks?

Mine would be..3)Princess Bride (I'm Not kidding, it's loaded with symbolism!)
2)Gladiator
1)Mask of Zorro

(BMr, it's o.k. to list Finding Nemo!!!) :wink:

Kinda hard for me to have a top 3, but one thing for sure is that after watching 'Office Space' by Mike Judge, you can agree that calving cows at 3 in the morning is more fun then the lives that the characters exhibit in that movie.

1. She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

2. McClintock

3. Nevada Smith

Don't even watch any new movies anymore- they will never have actors as good as John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, Slim Pickens, Ben Johnson----If I have to watch something on TV its the classic movie channel-- wouldn't pay a dime to rent something that puts money back into the Hollywood of today--too much violence, misery, sex, and Micheal Moores...

I enjoyed the old uplifting movies that left at least something to the imagination and you walked away from feeling good about the world...

Reminds me of the story:

A professor gave his class an assignment-

Write in the least words , a story which encompass's
1.Religion
2.Sex
3.Mystery

Only one A+ was given out:

My God!! I'm Pregnant. Who done it?

Well, OT, I mostly agree with you, BUT all the new movies aren't terrible. There are a few that have been mentioned here that are really good. My husband watches the Western Channel (imagine that) mostly, so I know what you are saying. However, I must say you would like "Man of the House". It is a feel-good movie by all means!!

My husbands favorites:
The Magnificent Seven
Lonesome Dove
6 Days and 7 Nights

So even he can find a good, modern movie!!!

Faster horses said:
Well, OT, I mostly agree with you, BUT all the new movies aren't terrible. There are a few that have been mentioned here that are really good. My husband watches the Western Channel (imagine that) mostly, so I know what you are saying. However, I must say you would like "Man of the House". It is a feel-good movie by all means!!

My husbands favorites:
The Magnificent Seven
Lonesome Dove
6 Days and 7 Nights

So even he can find a good, modern movie!!!

OOPs - Forgot Lonesome Dove-- Gus alone probably takes that to my number 1 spot........Just was so long I forgot to think of it as a movie...

1- The Cowboys, was a kid and first time I ever saw the hero die.
2- The Rookie with Dennis Quaid, Very clean Movie
3- tie, the outlaw josie Wales and 8 seconds.

Always like Eastwoods movies, charachter wasn't bullet proof, didn't win all fights, just the wars

During the holidays, It's a wonderful life and Christmas Vacation. Stewart was great, Chevy Chase depicts an average guy doing his best in a world falling apart around him, always laugh in vacation, always have a great feeling after watching Jimmy

PPRM said:
During the holidays, It's a wonderful life and Christmas Vacation. Stewart was great, Chevy Chase depicts an average guy doing his best in a world falling apart around him, always laugh in vacation, always have a great feeling after watching Jimmy

my husband's all time favorite movies are mclintock (great party...no whiskey, we go now), monty python and the holy grail and then chevy chase's Christmas vacation...the christmas tree does not go up until he has seen christmas vacation!! :D

OT -I agree with your assessment on most new movies. It is beyond me why flicks makers cannot produce stuff without the steam of bad language and other stuff you mentioned. Family style movies seem hard to come by.

What a minute, I think I just agreed with something OT said! :?

1 Lonely Are The Brave

Reminds me of my Dad

2 Miss Fits

3 Any Western

Dad says he was at a Rodeo (Cow Palace) when Clint Eastwood all most fell off his horse at a walk

i should stop reading all of your postings!! now i am being reminded of many movies i loved and grew up with....the parent trap (the original with haley mills, brian keith and maureen ohara)....gone with the wind....anything with clint eastwood (promised i'd marry that man when i grew up!!)....the ten commandments....seven brides for seven brothers (another future husband to be of mine :D )....ahhhhh, the trip down memory lane...thanks, everyone!! :D

1. The Cowboys

2. Monte walsh

3.Quigley Down Under "No Man Knocks me out of my own house" now thats funny dont care who you are.

Latest posts